FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

what would you do???

Tug

watchin the game on sunday it seemed to m ethat there was something not quite clicking in the team.

alot of passes seemed to benot making there mark and in generall there were just too many **** ups.

1. Russels passing semed to have gone back a few seasons and he was reduced to getting applauded for good passes again

2. Roscoe seems to continually get dragged accross the park leaving acres of space behind him

3. there seemed to be a good few ocasions where we were about 4 or 5 of our guys to one of theres

4 i dont think the defence has any confidence in zibi (was watching granty cox him out for a ball )

5 in some ways i think we aren't standing up enough for ourselves Aberdeen were i thought getting quite dirty and for the most part our guys were accepting it and just trying to get on with the game, maybe its time we had a wee snap back in the right places just to say "wind your neck in, im not going to let you push me around "

6 why does brew always leave it till so late on to make a sub

i dont know if i am maybe being to pesimistic or what but to me something is not right what i would like to see

1 roy dropping to the bench for a game or two and john rankin (If fit) coming back in

2 Serious shake up in defence and some choice words to certain players

3 a bit more composure, we took our foot of the gas on several occasions lately and that is when we are getting hit

4 a bit more of heart wouldnt go a miss either. some of our games i have looked at the players and thought it just doesnt look right

opens the floor for the influx of hate and slating  :023:

Clearly something is not quite right as the 'machine' is not working to its full capability at the moment ... and I chose my word deliberately .... 'machine', the same word we used affectionately to describe Dods. Darren was a leader of the troops, an on field general who not only was very solid for us but knew how to organise the others and while we have often said that one man does not make a team, in Darren's case, one man, or the removal of that one man, can leave a pretty big hole, both in defence and in leadership. We can clearly see why Brew wanted him at Dundee Utd and look back with hindsight and wish we had made him a better offer!!!

Granty deserved to be offered the captaincy because of his role within the side and because he seemed to be the best candidate. Unfortunately, his game has suffered and he does not seem to possess the same leadership and organisational capabilities that Dods did. Perhaps he should turn the clock back a little and go back to being a solid no-nonsense defender and let someone else take on the onerous task of the captaincy?

When it comes to Zibi / Fraser ... is it the defensive blunders of the players in front of them that are making them nervy or is it a lack of confidence in the keepers making the defence nervy? probably a bit of both ... but whatever it is, Brew needs to get it sorted by trying to bring in an accomplished centre half to play alongside Granty, and a permanent keeper who will push Fraser all the way for the #1 jersey........ the problem of course will always be in finding players like that who are available !!!

Well I am going to be boring and not aggressive, by stating that not many teams would have stayed with us on Sunday, if we had a Bayne type player on the park to knock down some of the superb balls that were coming in and being met by a taller defence.

I accept that during the first 30 mins it looked as if the Dons had two extra players on the park and someone, I assume Brew, sorted that out.

Like you, I fail to understand why Brew subs players so late in a game, unless we were winning and this was then used as a time wasting tactic.  How Bayne can come on with little time left and expect to get the service he needs, in that short time, beat me!

I see subbing as a graph, as players slow down in a game, ours and theirs, you bring on players to take advantage of the situation or if it is ours, bring a higher degree of life back into that area of the field.  Doing it with mins to go does not address either of the the above scenarios and other than giving the new players a run out, I wonder why he bothers.