FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Captaincy

Alex MacLeod

That will be the same forum and fans who have sponsored him for the last how many years ?

Yes Scotty, but reading this topic and others, there seems to be a differnce between sponsoring and supporting!

My post was only meant to indicate that we are a few days away from the start of the season and the majority of the posters on here have doubts about our captain. I'd just like to see the guy given the benefit of doubt.

By the way, that is the gayest hammock I have ever seen! Frilly bits? You've been away too long.

Think your reading too much into it Action Man. Even those who may have (justified) concerns about his effectiveness in being Captain and how it might impact on his performances are, on the whole, supportive of him. So long as that is the case it doesn't matter if he was picked because he was all we had or if he was a stand out for the job.

Personally I really like Granty as he is a local lad who has come up through the ranks - but as per usual has been pushed too far too soon. I thought that he really suffered from the responsibility of captaincy whereas before he was really progressing as a player. He really benefitted from Dods and I still feel that he needs a player of experience playing alongside him fer another 2-3 seasons before he blossoms. Maguire and Proctor do not fit that need. I really fear fer our defence this season and I fear that Granty may take a lot of flak cos he will be looked at as the leader and the organiser.

Well, he was certainly a Captain yesterday, one of his best performances ever, leading by example and giving everything for the cause. He did a good job at shouting down Hastigs and McGuire at times when they stepped out of line.

He just showed yesterday, he is the real man for the job.

Well, he was certainly a Captain yesterday, one of his best performances ever, leading by example and giving everything for the cause. He did a good job at shouting down Hastigs and McGuire at times when they stepped out of line.

He just showed yesterday, he is the real man for the job.

Completely agree. Some last ditch challenges that saved the day for us. He seemed much more vocal as you say and really looked like he could handle the pressure of being both Captain and a rock at the back for us :rotflmao: