FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dogging In The Sneck

beachcomber

The recent Highland Snooze leader on the discovery of a 'grotto of filth' at North Kessock is an exemplary example of sensationalist journalism - it's got every cliche in the book - a 'catalogue of depravity, a 'whistleblower', an outraged councillor............Pervs in the Wood

Talking of Highland journalistic excesses, does Bill McAllister (at least I think it was him) still do his pun ridden Highland League radio report which was normally themed along the lines of one of the weeks big news stories - I haven't heard him for a while, but they always made me laugh/cringe.

Does it normally take this long for newsagents in Nairn to supply newspapers? thats old news..

Anyway you are quite right, they were obviously really hard up for a story that week when that drivel appeared, that area has always had a seedy reputation but i dont remember the HN giving it much space when the travelling people took it over causing ?25k of damage to it.

It is of course in Ross-Shire.

Ach, living in Nairn is a bit like living on St Kilda, remote, isolated and we work to our own times in harmony with the moon and tides.

I note how quickly you picked up on my dogging headline though - I knew it would catch certain peoples attention

If anyone Googles 'Dogging Inverness' they should end up with this story about Bill McAllister.

I note that Vice Presidential **** Candidate Sarah Palin has a spokesman called Bill McAllister - it couldn't be could the same one could it - can you imagine one of his announcements !!

Yes, I believe 'walking the dog' at the carpark at the far end of the caravan site in Nairn is very popular of an evening.

In fact, Nairn was voted the top location in the country for outdoor shennanigans by no lesser a journal than Tatler, the Shanghai society magazine ....see paragraph below the church picture...

as it says....

"The council was surprised in 1997 to have Nairn named by Tatler magazine as Britain's number one venue for outdoor sex. "

So there you have it - if your up for a bit of a houghmagandie, then Nairn's the place for you.

Edited by beachcomber

Charles my good man, if anyone can shed light on 'Bill McAllister' (if that was inded him), then I'm relying on you.

Nairn didn't have to get evacuated in 1930, but the Highland Council are now doing there damndest to evacuate any semblance of autonomy and community from the town with their invercentric policies.

Beachcomber,

taking as gospel anything that is stated as fact in Wikipedia is a serious mistake to make. Anybody can go into Wikipedia and edit text, claiming even the most outlandish tosh to be infact fact! If you go to the Wiki page for Nairn you will see that all that rubish was added (along with loads more to boot), by some pubescent kids having a laugh.

Take it with a pinch of salt (Unless of course you have witnessed it first hand)

Edited by ghu1967

Ach I know, but it's a story that's been floating around for so long as to become a bit of a good urban myth. I'll ask Tatlers editor for verification next time they're round to do a feature on the modern art collection in my Shanghai mansion. :rotflmao:

Edited by beachcomber