FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sony handi cam ilink cables !

CaleyJulz

Ermmm right call me thick if you want !!

But i cant find one to put film from camcorder to my laptop !!

The cable i have dont work as its for watching it through the tv.

Please help me !!!

I have the software on my laptop but when you connect the tv cable which i thought would work it says cant find handicam.

The cable connecting to the PC should be a USB (with a rectangular shaped end). Sometimes these handycams have a base unit that you slot the cam into, and the base unit is fitted with the appropriate USB cable which you then plug into the PC.

If you have made a connection to the PC and get that can't find handicam message, then make sure the Handycam is switched on, and on the screen it should be asking what you are connected to, select "PC".

Did you not get one of these cables already?

It's not really the USB version you want to go with to be honest as I'm fairly certain you'll have firewire (I-link) on your laptop which is far more efficient.

Check to see if you need a '4pin to 4pin' or '6pin to 4pin' then do a search on ebay for an IEEE1394, shouldn't cost you any more than a fiver.

Don that was for the pc not sure if it fits lol hold on i will go climb in to the attic to get to the cable as its in back of pc and let ya know !!!

Even if you don't have a Firewire socket on your laptop, you could buy a Firewire PCMCIA card like this one: linky which would then allow you to plug the camera into your laptop :rotflmao:

Lol ermmmmm i dont know what shape that is im looking on ebay i put in the make of camcorder and the cable is coming from hong kong but looking for cables in the uk

i give up lol ermmm i have a sony handycam dcr-hc37

PORTS - USB ports are rectangular as shown on left. Firewire have a sort of arch at one end (6 pin) or look like a rectangle with one side squashed (4 pin)

post-2-1232727262.jpg

Cables - correct one depends on what type of firewire ports your computer and the peripheral (Vido Camera) have

6pin - 4pin :

post-2-1232727269.png

4pin - 4pin

post-2-1232727275.png

6pin - 6pin

post-2-1232727282.png

According to the manual (p65) : http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2319524111.pdf you have a 4pin firewire port (as well as a USB jack) on the camcorder so a 4pin - 4pin or 4pin - 6pin should work depending on whats on your pc/laptop.

Maplin have them for about a tenner if you want one in your hands right now - but ebay will be cheaper.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97276

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97277

looks like it will be your best bet - as the Advent 7113 doesnt have a firewire port. You could buy a card to plug into the Express Port but as the cam has usb and the laptop has usb you might be as well just using usb.