Match Highlights

Scarlet Pimple

should be up today - I have just sent the updated page code to the club and all they have to do is upload it.

The BBC were (very) late in making the highlights available this week

We have access to the BBC highlights so we will use these for many games. This reduces the pressure on myself and Andy to record then process his video and has the added bonus that the BBC also add commentary, which we do not ! There is no point in duplicating the work if the BBC are going to produce similar footage !<br /><br />

Andy will still be videoing games as he does this for the club and for TB and where we feel the BBC footage is sufficiently different to his then we will use his instead or perhaps even both .....<br /><br />

Andy can also not commit to getting to every game - but the BBC can !!!<br /><br />

The bottom line is that this may free Andy up to do other video projects that people asked about ... if the club feel there is any merit in it ... maybe the odd interview with a player or TB or even with fans during a game ....<br /><br />

Incidentally, I note that the club havent adjusted the page yet so here are the links to the official footage that is hosted by the club. [The links are not dodgy, they are the same links that will appear on the official site when they update their highlights page].<br /><br />

<div align="center">

<table width="70%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5">

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Date</font></b></div></td>

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Opposition</font></b></div></td>

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Venue</font></b></div></td>

<td colspan="2"><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"> Files </font></b></div></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">22/08/10</font></b></div></td>

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Dundee Utd</font></b></div></td>

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">(A)</font></b></div></td>

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><a href="http://ictfc.net/video/2010-11/2010_08_22_dundeeutd_spl/highlights.html" target="_blank" onclick="window.open(this.href,'video','top=150, left=150, width=725, height=600, toolbar=no, menubar=no, location=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes'); return false;">wmv</a></font></b></div></td>

<td><div align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><a title="ICT-TV" onmouseover="window.status='Open video';return true" onfocus="window.status='Open video';return true" onmouseout="window.status=''" href="JavaScript:void(0)" onclick="window.open('http://www.ictfc.net/video/mediaplayer.swf?file=http://ictfc.net/video/2010-11/2010_08_22_dundeeutd_spl/highlights/20100822_dundeeutd_spl_bbc.flv&amp;allowfullscreen=true&amp;height=576&amp;width=720&amp;&amp;id=veneers&amp;searchbar=false&amp;showicons=false&amp;autostart=true&amp;overstretch=fit&amp;backcolor=0x287585&amp;frontcolor=0xFFFFFF&amp;lightcolor=0x000000', 'Window1','left=1,top=1,menubar=0,location=0,status=0,width=720,height=576,toolbar=no,resizable=1');">flv</a></font></b></div></td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

Thanks Scotty.

The video was, for me, hard to see in places and not up to what I expected of the fine BBC standard. I thought that cameras adjusted their lenses automatically to differing light conditions nowadays, but much of the action was in deep shadow. Strangely, the Celtic match last week was of a much higher quality.

I can understand now why facial muscles should be controlled, because it was sad to see Dundee United at such a low ebb. McCann's goal was a beauty --did you see that swerve?...wheeee!I did think that their goalie was not very good and could have probably been more alert bgut the goals were superbly taken and , after all , he probably does not have the ability of the Spanish World Cup goalie.

Poor, poor defence for D.U.

ICT just seemed to stroll through the game in a very relaxed fashion. Hope they are as sharp as a needle against Hamilton. I saw the first game of the season in Inverness in August 2008 against Hamilton and the latter team was going quite well at the time , being real stuffy, hard-working and business-like.Hamiltom won that day 0 - 1.

I think that's actually better quality than full screen on the BBC site (probably the smaller window giving better resolution)Still, I couldn't tire from watching Russel and Kevins goals. McCann's must be a contender for goal of the season.

I thought I'd struck gold when the Real Player Download button appeared. :getmecoat: