FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away flag

12th Man

I dont know if this has been discussed before or even if we have one, as you wouldn't see it from the away stand

How about a large away flag.

If someone wanted to take ownership of this idea, in principle I would be happy to donate towards a large flag as a way of appreciation for our vocal away fans,in the same way that we have donated towards Grant Munro,even just ?5 + 30p for paypal.

If we get enough support maybe the the Supporters trust and club may like to chip in.

You know what,if this takes off, it would also be a nice gesture if T and M appeared on this as well as the players as a way of thanks for the away support.

I would like to make a donation is this were to come to fruition happen :ictscarf:

Would anyone else be interested in donating towards this if it were to take off.

What are your thoughts on this.

I dont know if this has been discussed before or even if we have one, as you wouldn't see it from the away stand

If someone wanted to take ownership of this idea, in principle I would be happy to donate towards a large flag as a way of appreciation for our vocal away fans,in the same way that we have donated towards Grant Munro,even just ?5 + 30p for paypal.

If we get enough support maybe the the Supporters trust and club may like to chip in.

You know what,if this takes off, it would also be a nice gesture if T and M appeared on this as well as the players as a way of thanks for the away support.

I would like to make a donation is this were to come to fruition happen :ictscarf:

Would anyone else be interested in donating towards this if it were to take off.

Not really sure what your getting at . Are you looking for contributions towards the cost off a flag ? And whats the difference between a home and an away flag ?

Not really sure what your getting at . Are you looking for contributions towards the cost off a flag ? And whats the difference between a home and an away flag ?

Yes, put some money towards buying a flag with a design for the away fans, why the away fans? because they are of a different caliber than the home fans and I would like to believe that they have a positive effect on our players, so I dont mind dipping my hand in my pocket once in a while for something constructive

I agree with Dalneigh Caley. The away fans are great, don't get me wrong. They make a lot of noise and get behind the team but the home fans do this to (honest!). Instead of trying to widen an alleged divide I think it would be better to put any money into improving the home atmosphere where it tends to be poorer than away games.

I agree with Dalneigh Caley. The away fans are great, don't get me wrong. They make a lot of noise and get behind the team but the home fans do this to (honest!). Instead of trying to widen an alleged divide I think it would be better to put any money into improving the home atmosphere where it tends to be poorer than away games.

I see where your coming from but of the away games that I have attended I have been truely impressed with the vocal support of our away fans, its not about us and them, maybe a lot of them live in the central belt and an away match to us is a home game to them, I dont know?

Would you come on board it it was a generic flag to be used home and away then RIG

If you've not been to an away game in a while, try making it along to the Hibs game. (Money, work commitments... Etc, etc excluded) Atmosphere at TCS seems to be a thread which is started every few weeks but nothing is really going to change it. There's a lot of people who only go to home games who I know (people can afford to go, have weekends off, etc) and they're missing out on good days out - and some great football. I'm happy to contribute a wee bit to a flag. If you get it priced, designed etc and put the info up on here that could be a goer.

Would be game for chipping in towards one, there's already a couple been appearing recently though.

First one.. Looking for ideas of what to print on it?

9.18 Loyal

Kev, those links don't work. (Because the pics are obviously private on Fb.) Is the first one you referred to the one that the big fella tied to the front of the Section G railings on Saturday? It looked new and it hasn't got any writing on it. It's very nice, by the way.

I love the big flags and would also be happy to chip in.

As an every home game fan and an even bigger every away game fan, (the atmosphere is sooooo much better), I would be happy to put some money towards whatever is planned. Especially when those stewards at Dundee didnt let us have the banners placed where we wanted a couple of weeks ago! Even when we could see a Dundee United fan with a flag on a flagpole waving away (but not after we had scored twice)(they left not much later). More power to everyone's elbow, or whatever - big banners, flags or ...... Count me in.

Would be game for chipping in towards one, there's already a couple been appearing recently though.

First one.. Looking for ideas of what to print on it?

9.18 Loyal

Kev, those links don't work. (Because the pics are obviously private on Fb.) Is the first one you referred to the one that the big fella tied to the front of the Section G railings on Saturday? It looked new and it hasn't got any writing on it. It's very nice, by the way.

I love the big flags and would also be happy to chip in.

Aww, didnt realise that. But aye that would be the one you saw on Saturday.