FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duncan or Black?

Guest Kieran

Out of the people who were at the match yesterday (or saw the highlights) do you think Duncan put up a performance that could see him push for a place ahead of Ian Black?

Duncan had a great first half, made some great challenges and him and Rankin looked like a good partnership in the first half but diffeent story in the second half.  I don't know if it was lack of match prctice or whatever but he didn't look comfortable on the ball and gave away stupid passes when we looked as though we were about to get back into the match.  Black needs to concentrate on playing football rather than getting booked...

Black has to learn how to tackle without two feet - it's getting embarrasssing!

Dunan has to learn how to pass a ball - it's getting embarrasssing!

Shame we can't combine the two of them... :evil07:

We really missed Ian Black. Duncan had a nightmare in the second half. Not only did he give the ball away on a number of occasions, but the game passed him by completely as St. Mirren strolled past our midfield again and again.

He blew his chance, and Charlie must change the midfield again for the Aberdeen game.

Black has to learn how to tackle without two feet - it's getting embarrasssing!

Dunan has to learn how to pass a ball - it's getting embarrasssing!

Shame we can't combine the two of them... :evil07:

Exactly what I was thinking...

If Black had Duncan's positional sense or if Duncan had Black's composure on the ball we'd be sorted.  I think Christie prefers Black because he got the potential to be a great player but who says he is going to stick around at the club when he does???

In fairness to Duncan, granted he had some poor passing throughout, he did a power of work and did a fair bit of breaking up the St Mirren possession, e.g. the run up to our goal came from Duncan's efforts.

Duncan had an ABSOLUTE feckin mare in the second half. His passing was poor fer most of the game but he either launched the feckin ball or mispassed it in the second half. Cannot understand why he wasnt pulled midway through the second half. If you are going to play withouth Black or Rankin ya simpl;y have to put McBain in the middle and Hart out wide. We simply had no width or pace yesterday.

Eight players were crap in the second half. Not just Duncan. St Mirren are quite physical and I think, had Black been playing, he would have been red carded.

Does anyone else think some of our players need to look at their choice of boots. They seemed to be on their erse an awfie lot. (the players that is, not the boots)

John Rankin was a complete passenger yesterday.

Wouldnt go as far as that but he was dissapointing. As I said elsewher (not he feckin MatchDay thread) JR once again proved that he was not up to being an SPL playmaker yet. And he didnt play in front of Duncan as Blackie does. They practically played side by side and feckin deep too. Duncan also missed two Lappin runs in the first half.