FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The 'No Pressure' Thread

Northern_jaggie

Can somebody work out how many points we would we have if games finished on the 89th minute?

We're doing unbelievably well to get into winning positions. Sadly once we have our noses in front the whole side get nervous and start hoofing balls all over the place, which does nothing but invite pressure.

Our greatest assets are all up top, at all times we should be keeping Shinnie, Doran etc as far up the park as possible. Not only does it force the losing team to keep the 'big men' back but it gives us an outlet for clearances. This all hands to the pump bollocks is ruining what should be our best ever season.

Looking at the league table its mind blowing the number of times we've all felt deflated after a match, its not as if we're losing 5-0 every week. Infact the couple of times we have been hammered the mood tends to be reasonably upbeat.

So pats on the back for everyone for getting a job almost half done, 18 games in now, how about we learn a lesson from the late goals that have kept us off the top of the league for the last 18 matches for the new year?

Everybody reading this should consider that this is our best chance to win the SPL in all of our lifetimes, this weak a league won't come around again.

NO PRESSURE

I make it we have lost 8 points in 90th minutes in the league, We scored in 90th min v Hearts to gain a point. So that would make it, 7 points lost in 90th minute.  I think :blink:

As I posted at the start of the season my expectation was for at least 1 good cup run and to be competing for top 6. So far the team is on track, looking at the league, its tight for top 6 with anyone winning 2 or 3 games on the bounce firing up a few places - we just need to remain consistent. As for the cup, Hearts will only get weaker in Jan, so I now have high expectations we may get to a final.

If we manage the above I would classify the season as a huge success and TB proved he is 'the man for the job' :)

• Agree 1