FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- St Mirren

Scotty

I'm another one who watches the highlights either on YouTube or the BBC, no time for BBC Sportscene especially seeing as we are usually last and have very limited highlights.

Whenever I watched sportscene last season, I found myself shouting YouTube at the screen, whether that was to state my preferred viewing medium or merely directed at the 'expert discussion' remains to be seen!

Maybe penalty was a bit soft but makes a change for it to be in our favour.....How many times did their players throw themselves to the ground to get free kicks ....Great result for us just took a little time to get into game ,and we are top for at least one week , looking forward to Dundee United more of the same please ...

• Agree 1

Just a couple of points. The second half showing of St Mirren and how they dealt with the wind just shows how well we played in the first half.

Secondly the media is going to cover games and stories that have most amount of public interest. In a country that has a population of 5.5 million and less than a 6th of that live in the Highland area, ourselves, and Ross C*unty will be the last to be covered on T.V and in the papers. Not good but how things are its supply and demand.

Just a couple of points. The second half showing of St Mirren and how they dealt with the wind just shows how well we played in the first half.

Secondly the media is going to cover games and stories that have most amount of public interest. In a country that has a population of 5.5 million and less than a 6th of that live in the Highland area, ourselves, and Ross C*unty will be the last to be covered on T.V and in the papers. Not good but how things are its supply and demand.

Unfortunately you're right but you would think given how well we did last year and a good start to the season this year that we would merit a slightly more prestigious slot on the programme or in general media? After all its about the entire league and not just about how the central belt teams are doing at sport, or you would at least hope so!

• Agree 1

I do agree, but by playing devils advocate regarding the games - Celtic - SPFL champs & odds on favouites for this years title, Dons, M'well - both billed as being major contenders for 2nd place, Thistle - the new team up, Hearts - the big club in major financial troubles (how will they cope) - then there is us playing Midden, a top 6 side facing what is likely a bottom 6 side.

Not agreeing with the scheduling or the level of coverage - but when you look at it objectivly in light of the above, the other games probably had more interest to the majority to see how certain teams have progressed or developed. We will always be biased as fans, but give it time over the course of the season we will have more games towards the top end billing moving forwards - starting with next wk at utd.

• Agree 4

OK OKay..........Supply and demand it is but when a game is being commentated on live why has there got to be such a high level of concentration on that same game on Open all mics ?

Why can our game be dismissed out of three games ? Are we not even worth a mention when it comes to reporting them by the BBC ?

The least they can do is show us parity with the other Clubs. Look at that objectively and tell me it is fair.

There is still too much negativity in the Highlands I'm afraid. We don't stand up to be counted!!

This threads a perfect example. Plenty of moaning but how many people have actualy complained to the BBC? Okay it might not result in any significant changes but it's a step more than complaining about it on an ICT forum.