FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Elena Baltacha

DoofersDad

Just saw this on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/26488401

Realy sad news for former British number one and daughter of ICT''s first manager.

She's clearly got one hell of a fighting spirit and she will certainly need that now.  Treatment is improving all the time but that is not a good cancer to get.  Let's just hope she can pull through and devote herself to what she recently said she wanted to do - coaching youngsters at the game she loves.

• Agree 6

While we are all quite rightly getting excited about our cup final lets spare a thought for Elena who has been diagnosed with liver cancer. Her father Sergei has had close links with our club and I'm sure she still has many family in the Ukraine.

Hopes and prayers to her and her family.

Yes that is really so sad. This is almost a thread which could be on "ICT" given that she is the daughter of a former manager who, although not especially successful, was a complete gentleman and holds an important place in ICT's history.

A sad time for Sergei between this and what is happening in the Ukraine.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

As some on here probably know, I'm a HUGE Tennis fan so was shocked when I saw this news on teletext at dinner time :(, 1st Ross Hutchins, now Elena.

Lets win League cup and then dedicate it to Sergei and Elena.