FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

(hopefully not) Hypothetical bus route!

Sneckboy

At the time of writing, the Dons are currently inching along Union Street in their open-top bus, and it got me thinking.....what jammy gits!

But in all seriousness, if we'd not lost out on penalities last Sunday, would Highland Council have dipped into the common-good fund to finance our celebration in the traditional football way, or would there merely be a private civic reception sometime in June?

I'd hope we'd go down the open-top bus route.

Aberdeen has the naturally fortuitous set-up of the Town House destination being situated at the end of a straight, near mile-long stretch of the city's main thoroughfare.

Where would our 'hypothetical' bus route start, if the Town House was indeed to be the end-point?

I'm no expert, but my suggestion would be to start at the 'Phoenix'-end of Academy Street (having maybe set-up and come from the Stadium) and continue down to M&S before turning right under the shopping-centre 'tunnel' that would take them to the bottom of Stephen's Brae - then obviously down the pedestrianised Eastgate and High Street to finish outside the Town House.

A good vantage point for the players to parade the cup to the fans could be from the balcony outside the Tourist Information Centre.

The Gellions would be pleased with that arrangement!

God, I'm envious right now!

Royal Ordnance to the Crit to the Glenalbyn to the Barrel Vault to the Caley Club to the Thistle to the Muirtown to the Caley Inn and repeat in reverse. Did that route a few times irrespective of whether we feckin won or lost.

Do you think that will be enough then ? ..................Weel ah suppose age does slow us doon a bit ..... Aye that 'll do nicely then.