FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Skipinnish

The Mantis

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

We were at the Hoolie after the QP game and stayed over. Not a big Runrig fan but the tribute was great. Been into Wolfstone from way back, still enjoyable although not the same and very heavy now with 8 on stage.
Recorded the two episodes but anybody who missed them just needs to keep an eye on BBC Alba. Also two Peat and Diesel programmes on this week.

I enjoyed the old Wolfstone and Runrig learning more about Scottish History reading the sleeve notes about their songs and Duncan Chisholm said the same in Runrig a Celebration on BBC Sounds (link below) worth a listen.  I will give Peat and Diesel a miss :lol:

Runrig: A Celebration - BBC Sounds

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Go and pour yourself a little brandy, take it to the airidh…

I think you would need more than a little brandy to listen to the:wink:

• Thoughtful 1

27 minutes ago, Robert said:

Or even try their Irish cousins, The Mary Wallopers, who featured on Jools Holland’s Hogmanay programme…..

I do like the Mary Wallopers who I have heard and would go and see them if they came to this area. 
As for Peat and Diesel I would need a hell of a shot to listen to them :lol:

Another one worth looking out for is Torridon, very akin to Skippinish, Skerryvore and Tide Lines.

Even I can overlook the Rossshire background (and County support) of most of them (2 from Maryburgh and 1 each from Beauly and Kiltarlity). At least one is from Balloch to balance things a bit, with the drummer an interloper from Glasgow.

Lighthouse and Highland Girl are two favourites of my wife and I. 

15 hours ago, IBM said:

I don’t watch TV Robert :smile:

How have you heard of them then? Are they on MFR a lot?
I wasn't actually impressed when I first heard them, thought they were a bit amateurish and in truth two of them were really wedding/ceilidh band standard, but I think Boydie has brought everything to a new level.
I've still not managed to see them but I've got the Barrowlands concert recorded and there's a documentary from 2020 called "That's the Way We Do It". I suppose it's the Lewis connections as a lot of people won't get the in-jokes or the wee snippets of Gaelic in the lyrics, although they went down a storm at Glastonbury and other English gigs where nobody had a clue so just made up their own words 😂