FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

birmingham city once won the second division, it was pretty tight though

Mantis was at their final game of that season taking pics with his box brownie...

Birmingham City P42 W22 D10 L10 F92 A47 Goal average 1.957 Points 54

Luton Town P42 W23 D8 L11 F88 A53 Goal average 1.660 Points 54

(goal average is goals for divided by goals against hence they won it by 0.297)

In them days it was goal average not goal difference. If it was GD they'd have walked it 45 to 35.

Different times, better bovril and I do not like being called an old git... :blah01: 

Guilty as charged your honour.

However I'll leave it to Wanderer to explain about the old style lace-up ball which permanently scarred your brow if you headed it and knocked you unconscious if it was a wet day  :sillywave:

So my old English teacher used to say anyway.

Hey Mantis, they say these balls could take the hair clean of the top of your head. :029:

Infamously, Kilmarnock beat Hearts 0-2 at Tynecastle in 64-65 to win the league on goal average the year before Celtic went on their nine in a row jolly.

Killie had to win something like 0-2, 1-4, 2-6 or 3-8 any other scores wer no use to them, but hey, they won 0-2 and broke a lot of Hearts.