FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is violence funny?

Guest birdog

Is violence funny?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is violence something to make light of?

• Yes laugh at anyone who is beaten senseless
    • No never and those who do laugh are mindless morons
    • Yes but only if a member or former member of your club had a run in with the victim before
    • Yes but only when the victim has in your opinion acted like a twat in the past

Neil Lennon was brutally beaten when walking home from his local boozer on the night of the old firm match. Mr Lennon was left for dead on the cold pavement after taking a beating which left him unconscious, the consequences of this crime could have been far worse, we all have heard of people choking on their tongue or vomit, of bleeding into the brain.

This subject has already been touched upon in another thread where my condemnation of the violence and the making light of the situation was censored, in my opinion wrongly. I just want to create a wee poll so as to get an idea of what people actually think of the situation.

My questions in the poll do not relate soley to the attack on Neil Lennon but to an attack on anyone.

May I also take this oppertunity to remind the Admin of this site that a slanderous allegation has been made against a former player of our club in the title of the thread which I am banned from, it might be a good idea to remove the offending thread or at the very least to have the title changed to reflect the seriousness of the crime which was carried out against Mr Lennon.

As I said in the other thread ....

"I dont have a lot of sympathy for Lennon in most situations but no-one deserves to be attacked like that. You could argue that he sometimes brings things on himself - especially on the pitch, as we have seen - but reading the BBC report, it sounds like he was enjoying a drink with friends, and when he left he was verbally abused first, then jumped from behind by two cowards, at least one of whom was a fairly big boy !!!! No-one deserves that, and whoever did it is cowardly scum."

[NOTES]

This subject has already been touched upon in another thread where my condemnation of the violence and the making light of the situation was censored, in my opinion wrongly
I believe the moderator in question will be sending you a message to clarify why posts were removed from the original thread.

May I also take this oppertunity to remind the Admin of this site that a slanderous allegation has been made against a former player of our club in the title of the thread which I am banned from, it might be a good idea to remove the offending thread or at the very least to have the title changed to reflect the seriousness of the crime which was carried out against Mr Lennon.
I don't believe the thread title slanders Juanjo and no-one has made any allegation that he was involved. I believe it was an attempt at humour going back to the sending off incident where Mr Lennon went down as if hit with a snipers bullet when Juanjo got within 3 feet of him. The BBC indicates that the alleged assailants were both between 40 and 50, and at least one if not both were of heavy build ... think that puts Mr Perez in the clear ! I will leave it to the moderator team to decide whether the title should be changed as per your request.

Scotty the poster of the aforementioned thread may well have been making a poor attempt at humour but he allegeded that Juanjo went missing in Glasgow then linked to the story implying that there was a link between the two.

My beef Scotty is that my posts were removed and there were very valid points raised in them. I stayed within the topic of the link in that thread otherwise the discussion would be limited to Juanjo's non existant disappearance. Don't forget I have had joke threads removed or locked for less.

I don't have time for this I need to phone my old school mate, a Chief Inspector with Strathclyde Police, and pass on some info I have come accross on an alleged assault. :rotflmao: see if he can see the humour in the allegation.

It's wrong!

no matter who it is and who they ply for. It's a serious matter. How could anyone do it? I don't like Lennon but If feel sorry for him!

The person/people who did this should get in trouble and jailed. Not just because it's a famous person, even if a randomer gets battered up and lefeted fo the dead.

Remebmber the 'Good Samaritian'?

deitch01.gif :thumb04: ;) :rotflmao:

:018:

depends on the kind of violence.

type perpetrated against Mr Lennon as mentioned above :- no

fast food drive by ala Balls of steel :- Extremely

to just ask is violence funny is far to vauge a question. in some cases there are plenty of people i would like to see take a swift kick to the mummy daddy button, but then im big enough to admit there are probably plenty of folk who would love to see the same happen to me

• 4 months later...

you do talk some amount of pish mate...not the right approach in any situation yet its ok because it was lennon :rotflmao:

n why do u keep bringing up months old topics

And your flaming me for what reason? I know there is an netiquette regarding replying to posts. Most of my replies have been in general chat so the topics don't go out of date and the topics may still be very relevant. Link me to the forums rules and I'll make sure my actions don't ever offend you again, also I wasn't aware you were the moderator here.

I think most people agree with what I said. Violence is not the right approach, Lennon is a pr*ck (probably one of the most hated figures in scottish football) and it's all his own doing. There must be a queue of people wanting to give him a good hiding, and I think there's a few of them on this forum.

Edited by Jagstar