FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

gettin photos of a fecked laptop

TSTtiger

i've got a shed load of photos saved on the lap top from the memory stick from the digital camera.problem is i'm trying to burn them onto cd and the computer is telling me that a dvd rewriter is not detected when i bloody well do have one.the wee ones sometimes play dvd's on the laptop and was thinking they've maybe knackered it.it still plays dvds but now wont burn them though.

anyway, is it possible to hook up to another laptop or something to burn all the photo's.

whats the easiest/cheapest option

cheers

are the photos on the memory stick or have you transfered them to the laptop?

also wot os and burning software are you using?

aye their off the memory stick now so stuck on laptop.

using the microsoft photo gallery to burn.

its an acer aspire 561oz jagstar, but i'm a complete idiot at all but the most simple computer stuff so no idea what firmware means :rotflmao:

if it helps i have burned music and stuff in the past but now its not working

Are you using compatible CD's/DVD's?

This turns out to be the most common error when I get people calling me to say they are having burner issues. They are either trying to use RW's on non compatible drives or have +R instead of -R rated Discs (or vice-versa) although the second issue is less common these days.

Are you using compatible CD's/DVD's?

This turns out to be the most common error when I get people calling me to say they are having burner issues. They are either trying to use RW's on non compatible drives or have +R instead of -R rated Discs (or vice-versa) although the second issue is less common these days.

bingo caley D :thumb04:

was using a dvd+r disc and just tryed a cd-r one and worked no probs. told you's i was clueless!

thanks very much, been trying to get it going for weeks :rotflmao:

No worries, it's often easy to overlook the obvious issues, especially where technology is concerned and people immediately start thinking "complicated".

Just remember and buy the wee ones some sweets as an apology for suspecting them :rotflmao: