FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Set Pieces

davieB

That's the first time in ages that I can remember us scoring not once, but twice from setpieces!! In fact, we looked dangerous from most of our corners and freekicks.

Maybe Blackie was right then. All this emphasis on fitness over technique has beenn having a negative effect, and just maybe the last week has seen the players actually training with a ball for a change!

It looked as though a big weight had been lifted from the players shoulders, and they were actually enjoying it out on pitch. And it was fantastic to see.

Just shows eh....get the right man in and we'll soon be out of this mess.

Towards the end of the game, I can remember the commentators talking about various things and as they were slowly building up to a corner we had just won, they jumped right back into commentary mode a second later as we had taken a very quick one and tried to catch Hearts out ... so it seems we must have done some set piece work either this past week, or have been allowed to implement stuff worked on before.

Thats a big positive for me as realistically, if we want to take much from Celtic we have to try and make the set pieces count.