FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Buddies Relegationometer

tm4tj

FRASER :P :021: :D Couple of early scares on bumpy pitch, but played well for rest of game, couple of decent stops.

ROSSCO :D :D :D :D Another great game from the big boy, excellent break from defence late on taking three or four Buddies on before being fouled at the touchline. The Mirren fans really love him and Rossco makes their day.

McMAGICS :D :D :D Our Latvian squad player put in a solid dedfensive display and is one of the reasons for our turn around in fortunes.

GRANTIE :003: :rotflmao: :thumb04: Captain Munro started where he left off at Falkirk, hoofing the ball great lengths. He also bolstered the attack and tried his luck a couple of times from corners. Less hoofing please and get back to a passing game.

LIONEL :D :D :D ;) The man of mystery and much malignment. Lionel was unlucky to have the ball cannon off him for Saints goal, and a couple of sliced clearances, but put in a decent shift thereafter. Like Barrowman, he will just have to put up with the knockers, but I feel he has justified his starting slot ahead of Hastings.

PROCTOR :D :D :D :D Starting to look the part after tentative return to ICT. Worked well at times and combined neatly with Morais and Imrie to create openings.

BLACK :D :D :D :D We will miss this giant. Competed for everything, as he does with great tenacity. Made our midfield tick over nicely after a sluggish start and outjumped guys a foot taller than himself. Great competitor.

KERR :D :D :D A start for Kerr and he did not look out of place. Not too noticeable, but that also means he made few mistakes, so decent performance from the ex-Motherwell man.

FORAN :D :D :D :D Another excellent display by Foran, he does hang well. Very tough in the tackle but to be honest, I would rather see him swap places with Dougie Imrie.

MORAIS :003: :003: :003: :022: :022: Man of the match for his two spanking goals. Quick feet and neat link up play could have brought about our first SPL hat-trick but nonetheless well deserved praise for the wee Portuguese man. Replaced by Barrowman after 65 minutes, possibly to prtect a troublesome hamstring and he went off to rapturous applause by the home fans, unlike some of the comments reserved for his replacement.

IMRIE :D :D :D :lol: Mr 110% was just that. He does exactly what it says on the tin. Some great hassling but final ball let him down again. Unlucky not to score after keeper went awol, but his floated ball was knocked away with Barrowman a yard away from the defender.

BARROWMAN :D :003: Was given twenty five minutes after replacing new hero Morais. Unfortunately this was a hard act to follow and not a popular switch, and he was not helped by the change in tactics as he was often left isolated and chasing lost causes by being the lone striker. Plenty of Imrie like effort but nothing came his way. Needs a wee break and maybe will come good.

DUFF :003: Not on long enough but dealt with the Mirren threat as they pushed for a late equaliser.

Referee :022: :rotflmao:

Home fans :015: :D Strangely subdued

Weather :018: Another garbage day after two beautiful days on Thursday and Friday.

Agree with most of that apart from Barrowman. If he put any 'Imrie like effort' in he wouldn't get half the stick he does. Thank god he didn't start.

Yes. He drifts about, quite frequently in a dreamlike state. Watch him. He will start of in one direction, then turn, sometimes as much as 90 degrees, and run the other way, FOR NO APPARENT REASON. He is not being marked, the play is at the other end, he is not going into space...

It is like he is playing his natural Div2 game and a couple of seconds later, remembers something that big English chap in the dressing room said. He has not improved and I doubt he will. Prove me wrong why dontcha.

Glad to see someone else give Djebi-Zadi the credit he deserves. I read one report which described the first goal as coming from a "mis-controlled ball" from him when, in reality, he could have done nothing about it.....I would have said Mihadjuks was more culpable for not dealing with it before then.

And to be pedantic....it was a Munro "hoof" that started the move for Morais' first goal :rotflmao:

Munro's must have done thousands of hoofs by now so it's about time one actually worked. It'd be like sending Esson up for corners. Eventually he'd score.

The problem with the "Munro Hoof", is that quite often they will miss their intended target. This is, lets not forget, a trick he learned of his first role model, Bobby Mann. Bobby could direct them upfiled, totally changing the run of play, quite often putting them right on the toe of Barry Robson, who was the best trapper ever at ICT. Maybe the problem with the Munro Hoof is at the other end...

Re-Munro, i did mention that on another thread, his pass to start the move for the first goal. Still three smileys enough due to constant hacking at the ball, but as I mentioned above he was also prominent in the attack on occasions.

Anyone else got their Buddieometer ready for publication??

:rotflmao: :thumb04: Fraser - lack of 1st team games showed a bit. Looked nervy and still can't deal with pass backs.

:018: ;) :lol: :015: Tokely - monumental

:D :P Mahadjuks - Not one of his best games - thought he was slightly hesitant a couple of times, ie at the goal. He could have cleared before LZJ got involved

:021: Munro - stop playing this man. He is pedestrian, his distribution is awful and his tackling increasingly sporadic. Disnae matter that he's captain. No more hoofing.

:D :D LZJ - On balance, more good than bad. Not at fault for the goal, played the same role as a fencepost. However, don't think that anyone will ever be on the same wavelength this side of the universe, never mind in the same team

:D :D :D Proctor - He's a football player. Looks tons better than being misplaced in central defence a la CB. I'm glad to see it after the hard time he got.

:D :D Black - He's only getting two smiley's cause he's going. Oh, and another near lapse into retaliation territory in the 2nd half. Glad he held back. But another great display when he could just take it easy.

:D :D Kerr - Should have been Vigurs. Don't rate this guy.

:D :D :D Foran - Should be the new model Black but a bit further forward. Get's wired right in.

:D :D :D :D Morais - Please let this man stay. Best striker of a ball since Marius (and almost as unfit!) but he adds a lot to this team

:D :D :D Imrie - If he actually learns to finish, he'll be immense. Everybody loves a trier, and he tries

:D Barrowman - Can't play at this level, and I'm beginning to feel sorry for him. It ain't going to work no matter how hard he tries. I forsee a summer journey..........

:D :D Duff - better than Munro, full stop.

Ref was ok. Home fans I've already ranted about elsewhere, and why does it always rain on Saturdays?

Feel free to rip this.........