FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

lack of home atmosphere

gingerjaggy

now i dont want to annoy people because we have so many topics on this before but watching this video i can hear our fans. I know it was a relegation shoot-out but how is that noisy and yet every other game we cant even get a whimper. Surely there were people that sung that day for the team and it sounded great so why isnt it a more regualar occurance if we have problems like people wont move to create a proper singing section. just a theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sChovcdP0gA&feature=related

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I am a season ticket holder in the North stand. At the Elgin game I decided to sit in the main stand. Never again, old codgers complaining about everything from the weather to the price of petrol. They constantly companied with little or no attention to the game. I know that going to a match and watching is supporting the team and often especially recently we have not had a lot in the games to cheer about, but a few chants to get behind the players is surely not too much to ask. It astonished me how even a few away fans can create more noise than the home support. What's the solution, Don't know, What's part of the problem, old Codgers that tut and look in disgust at those who make an effort to make some noise. I spent the second half in the North stand.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

I started watching it but turned of after 5 seconds as no point reliving that day.

Why dont you see if you can find any clips where we had to beat Dundee by 4 goals to to possibly go into the top six, I'm sure that game would have been noisy too.

If you are referring to the Elgin match atmosphere wise, on paper it expected to be more of a friendly to us and if the south stand holds 2200 then I would say 1800-1900 vocal Elgin fans turned up for their big day.

GJaggy you also mention that people wont move to create a proper singing section. I was a firm believer that the people who dont want to make a lot of noise could politely move for the good of the fans and the club, my theory was blown out of the water at the Elgin match as there were so many seats spare in the North stand that the ones that wanted to make some noise could have easily moved to section G and it didnt happen.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 2

well i am also a season ticket holder in the north stand in section B and i didnt make the game at the weekend or the relegation game as my stupid uni thought it be clever to schedule an exam on the saturday. I spoke to my sister who i sit next 2 usually and she said the atmosphere was great that day but every game i have been to it is flat apart from the the section g boys who try there best. Maybe im clutching at nothing with the video but other formats like the bbc highlights i cant really hear our fans at all. But that day it sounded noisy and i could hear caley songs which i dont hear normally. I watched stevenage vs newcastle last night and there stadium was bouncing even though the capacity is similar to our stadium. I still believe if people dont want to sing and join the section g boys then i think we need the drums back just to make some noise and to start song s which other clubs do.

just think it may help and if the players do not like having people pelting them with abuse then the drums would drown that out. I was watching the video when we were champions when we won back in 2004 and i remember the atmosphere was great the problems have statred because we built the stands and took the terracing away. Cant moan tho as we need the stands to compete in the spl but i know it aint been a problem from the start of us in 94. The problems really have been since we built the stands

old codgers complaining about everything from the weather to the price of petrol.

Aye, I can just imagine what these Old Codgers were talking about too.

"See these young lads... they only come here so they can make a noise and a complete @rse of themselves on a Saturday afternoon. No interest in football at all. Well I suppose it keeps them off the streets. But the soooner they get away back to the North Stand the better. Tut, tut, tut. Pass the Werthers Originals."

Don't worry son. The day is approaching faster than you realise. You probably won't suddenly wake up one morning and simply realise that you have become an Old Codger. As sure as night follows day though, it's a status which is certainly coming your way. But enjoy the intolerance of youth for the moment, because it won't be available to you for all that much longer.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 4

:clapoverhead:

old codgers complaining about everything from the weather to the price of petrol.

"See these young lads... they only come here so they can make a noise and a complete @rse of themselves on a Saturday afternoon. No interest in football at all. Well I suppose it keeps them off the streets. But the soooner they get away back to the North Stand the better. Tut, tut, tut. Pass the Werthers Originals."

Don't worry son. The day is approaching faster than you realise. You probably won't suddenly wake up one morning and simply realise that you have become an Old Codger. As sure as night follows day though, it's a status which is certainly coming your way. But enjoy the intolerance of youth for the moment, because it won't be available to you for all that much longer.

Well said Charles :clapoverhead:

Just beacause you are old doesn't instantly turn you in to a moaning old b%^$??D SURELY??

Just beacause you are old doesn't instantly turn you in to a moaning old b%^$??D SURELY??

I feckin hope I dont end up like the old fuddy duddys in the Main stand .

To create good football you need leaders on the park.

To create good atmosphere you need leaders in the stands

If there were songs unique to ICT then perhaps the so-called old codgers would be tolerant. Many of them cant be bothered with chants that are abusive and full of expletives. Thats not a complaint but a statement of fact. Being an old codger I do know what some say about our chants. Not to say I agree or otherwise.

Believe me... your Peter Pan days, and with them your delusions of moral superiority, are well and truly numbered along with everybody else's! It has been said that there are two certainties in the human existence... Death and Taxes. However there is a third which intervenes before the inevitability of Death... and that is Old Codgerdom.

I also wonder how many of the Caley Animals which IHE was so en on reviving for the Elgin game now sit in the Main Stand wrapped in tartan travelling rugs and sucking Werthers Originals? :laugh:

When ah wurralad there was no shortage of Old Codgers either... except that in these days they normally had the fairly potent option of reminding us that they were the generation of the Normandy Beaches or El Alamein or even the Somme, whose efforts saved young people like me from being tramped under the boot of the Hun.

Believe me... your Peter Pan days, and with them your delusions of moral superiority, are well and truly numbered along with everybody else's! It has been said that there are two certainties in the human existence... Death and Taxes. However there is a third which intervenes before the inevitability of Death... and that is Old Codgerdom.

I also wonder how many of the Caley Animals which IHE was so en on reviving for the Elgin game now sit in the Main Stand wrapped in tartan travelling rugs and sucking Werthers Originals? :laugh:

When ah wurralad there was no shortage of Old Codgers either... except that in these days they normally had the fairly potent option of reminding us that they were the generation of the Normandy Beaches or El Alamein or even the Somme, whose efforts saved young people like me from being tramped under the boot of the Hun.

At least we can take comfort in the fact that we will never be as old as you Mr Bannerman

At least we can take comfort in the fact that we will never be as old as you Mr Bannerman

Well if that is the case at the moment, it is likely to remain the case for the indefinite future since we are all getting older - and hence approaching Old Codgerdom - at exactly the same rate.

And those in denial of that are most likely undergoing their mid life crises! :biggrin:

yeah i agree with top 6 where did the drums go. someone said that they rather sing than have a loud noise of the drums but if no one else is singing what is point when the drums may help raise the atmosphere

Did we not have a bodhran player at some point who was denied entrance to one or more grounds? Seem to remember that from when we first got to the SPL but perhaps memory is failing me.

Sweetie, anyone . . . ? whistle.gif

Main stand old codger here..went into the north stand on Saturday to see what all the fuss was about and get a bit of the" section g" crack.....very poor

Went back to the main stand 2nd half got a seat close to my own seat..and fell out with 2 Elgin fans..better crack!!

Gonna stick to being one of the tunnel crew

just at home we need something to make some noise

The fans?

Seriously need some more chant masters spread across the stand. I have noticed at points if one or two sections are chanting they wont join in each others chant. Whats with that?

• Agree 1