FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DLA Concessions?

SMEE

So what the hell have you made all the fuss about then?

Were you expecting someone else to waltz in and take up the fight for you? I'm all for fighting a cause, and you may or may not have a point about your circumstances, but if you're not even willing to have a conversation with the right people about it then you have absolutely no room to complain.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the technical term for someone like yourself is a "Shit Stirrer"...in fact, you're so far up yourself the term could have double meaning.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Were you expecting someone else to waltz in and take up the fight for you? I'm all for fighting a cause, and you may or may not have a point about your circumstances, but if you're not even willing to have a conversation with the right people about it then you have absolutely no room to complain.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the technical term for someone like yourself is a "**** Stirrer"...in fact, you're so far up yourself the term could have double meaning.

Maybe Smee is not having the best of times at the moment,Don.

I see a wee bit more understanding from the Murchison offering and I do accept that the stance does appear to be fluid, to put it mildly.

Up until I had posted on this thread I thought that Smee had a valid point but now I am not so sure having read what you have posted since then, I have to agree with Don and PullMyFinger and it does come across as being ungrateful. It also comes across like you feel you have the right to be eligable for this scheme just because you are in receipt of DLA.

Maybe you should be a bit more grateful that you are actually getting DLA, there are many more people who are probably in a worse position than yourself that actually need it and don't get it, don't get me wrong I am in no way saying you shouldn't be eligable for DLA but just think about others who don't make a fuss of it and just get on with it. They are also missing out on various schemes like this because they don't receive DLA.

I think you'll find if you bothered to make more of your issue that the reasons the eligability was changed probably had a lot to do with it being abused in the past and is probably the reason why the low rate has been removed from the eligability. I am sure those in power probably thought that those in receipt of mid/high DLA were the ones who actually needed the extra help more than those who were in receipt of low DLA.

You have said that you are in receipt of DLA under Mental Health issues and don't have a carer which would be the reason why you are in receipt of the low component of DLA which I am sure you know already, think about those that need carers and are in receipt of the mid/high component. In my eyes these are the people who need the extra help in order to do the things that others find they can do naturally without thinking about it or without having to rely on others to do. The scheme is quite clearly there to help others who have a carer for everyday needs afford to go to the games, why should they be punished for having the need for a carer. It is to make it accessable to all in society.

It is there to help those that need carers and not to punish those that don't like you clearly feel it does, you don't need a carer, great thats really good but do me a favour and be very grateful that you don't need one, like I said there are others that do and I speak very close to home when I say this too. Oh and by the way I mean myself when I say that but do you know what I don't receive DLA in any form, I don't moan about it, I don't feel persecuted by it, I get on with it, I go to games, I take others with me and pay for them too.

If you can't afford to go to games then fair enough, no one will think ill of you for that as it is expensive, but don't use this as a reason for not being able to go. Just because you get low rate DLA doesn't make you eligable for everything and anything.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the technical term for someone like yourself is a "**** Stirrer"...in fact, you're so far up yourself the term could have double meaning.

Whats to debate? The criteria is set....i no longer fit that criteria...end of debate! I see no point taking it further. If that seems ungrateful....well....thats down to how the reader interprets it. At NO POINT have i asked anyone to do anything on my behalf....other than enlighten me as to waht the state of play may be regarding the conscession. And even then, that was only because i couldnt get thro on the official website! Since then...i made it clear i HAD made contact with them and had matters cleared up. It was cler that i was no longer eligible. So I DID chase it up myself. Mibees if you bothered to read my posts correctly, you lot would have realised that! It seems to me Don that you are in fact the Sh1t Stirrer, making out I was asking others to run about and do some fighting on my behalf...when there is not ONE instance of that in anything i posted!

And Don, can you give me ONE example of me being "so far up myself"? If you are referring to the fact i have in the past, been in the position to take on Multi-National Companies ...and beat them....well....if you cant handle facts....thats very much YOUR problem!

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

Just because you get low rate DLA doesn't make you eligable for everything and anything.

Can you show me one instance of where i implied such? I sure as hell cant remember making such a statement. Fact is...i USED to be eligible for it, i was merely trying to find out if anyone knew what the lye of the land was this season, as it seemed to frequently change from season to season

• Disagree 3

It also comes across like you feel you have the right to be eligable for this scheme just because you are in receipt of DLA.

Well....blame ICT for that....coz thats EXACTLY what the criteria was, certainly up until a season or two ago. Excuse me for being a little pissed off that this concession is no longer available to me...just when i could make use of it.

• Disagree 3

I think all the points, advice etc. have been made on the OP's subject and, as such, feel that any further comments will turn to a more personal nature. The thread will now be closed until such time as mods can decide if it would erve any purpose to re-open it.