FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Give Charlie 5 more games

Dan Clark

Firstly sorry for starting another thread on this subject but i feel that the current position we are in we have got to talk about it. Charlie is a man who has got Caley Thistle blood flowing through his veins. His commitment over the years to the club is second to none. Charlie is one of the best if not the best player to ever wear a caley thistle shirt. I have a lot of respect for Charlie and i do wish him well and hope he gets the club running on all cylinders again. However when Charlie was appointed manager of caley it did come as a big shock to me. As i said before his commitment and loyalty to the club is first class as a player he was first class but all this does not make you a good manager. When Charlie took over as manager i feel he maintained the standard of  football right through till the end of last season. This season however has been a totally different story. We started the season off ok but things have gone to an all time low since then. There is problems at the club and over the last few weeks you can tell by player reactions. We are now a team who sit second bottom of the spl. We have forgotten how to play football, moral at the club is zero. I am really worried about the future of this club at the moment. As i said before i wish Charlie all the best and i hope he turns this bad spell around but i am sorry i just cant see this happening. I think Charlie should be given 5 more games to turn things around. We have Rangers H. falkirk A, St Mirren H, Aberdeen A and Hibs home for that 5 games and that takes us up to Jan 20th. If things have not improved after these games i think Charlie should be offered another job within the club and a new manager appointed. I think we need to make it 5 games so if Charlie cant turn things around then the new manager has still got time to dabble in the transfer market. One problem is there is a few players at the club who are not spl standard and we need to move them on. As i said before i dont think Charlie will turn things around and i think a new manager will give the place a shake that it needs. Finally i have two questions for everyone

1. Who if it comes to it should we be looking at to be our manager ?

2. With an estimated transfer budget  what players do you think the club should look at to improve the current squad ?

I think we need a good left sided midfielder with pace, Someone to pull the strings in centre of midfield and a good striker with pace.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Decent post Dan, but five games providing DUFC stay bottom? can't see that happening though Dan as that new manager probably has been promised some money come Jan, I think the club has to act now regardless of the result tomorrow.

An interesting post from Dan but I would disagree with him on one point.

Getting rid of any manager in the second half of January would be disasterous.  ICT appoint managers slowly, if the past is anything to go by, and  the new man would have no time to do anything in the January window.

Today's results were bad for us, but looking at the fixtures this morning, no way could we expect to gain anything.

I still feel no club wins 20 points like we did and then stops winning any more. This is a bad slump but realistically I can't see us continuing it all season. Next season is where I would be worried if we lose players.

Anyway the difference between us and the Pars is, we get draws (9 out of 20) while they get defeats (13 out of 21).

Dunfermline are in a worse state than us, where are they going to get the points from? Kenny has not done much in his 5 or so games at the club. What miracles can he perform in January apart from maybe bring in 2 or 3 of the Derry lads, and who says any of them are up to it?

CC will know at the end of the season if he has the stomach to carry on.

If this sounds like scraping the barrel, remember I'm one of those who felt survival would be enough. I never went for the top 6 stuff. Five of those places are already filled by the teams who get 10 000 fans or more every week.

Our next few games are vital.  We are capable of taking something from Rangers at home - despite their upturn, Rangers are still a side wth problems and if we stay solid defensively and show some discipline up front we can do something.

Falkirk away and St mirren at home are games we have to take something from, at least avoid defeat in.  Four points out of six in those two would be a good return and have us back on track.

Dan Clark at least you have the grace to be apolagetic in almost Dickensian proportions about the ***** you eventually get round to talking about!

Lets get a grip folks. Caley Thistle were bloody lucky to win the first division. They were also extremly fortunate to survive the Partick Thistle farce when no one knew if anyone would get promoted at all and also the very first season when all looked lost for a very long time.

Then they should have gone the way of other promoted clubs such as Livingston who finished third in there first season and then almost got relegated in there second but amazingly and to a large extent thanks to five straight wins at the end UNDER CHARLIE! they got a new record SPL points score at the end.

In November they were even sitting a point above the previous record breaking season but now after the recent thin patch I see the mindless and brainless among us seem to want to sack the manager. Kneejerkers! Or just plain jerks?

For God sake people. Just because you havent had too much of your Satutrday afternoon  dose of self gratification don't take it out on Charlie and the team. These boys together earn as much in a week as a certain single OF players. Get a grip of reality and just be bloody glad you're in the SPL at all never mind for a third season.

Even better if you could possibly manage to be positive and actually support your team out of this recent bad spell rather than whing like some bairn thats had there sweeties nicked!

To quote our former oh so eloquent leader "at the end of the day" 11th place is ultimately still a successful season for us.

Perhaps all that are calling for CC's head are the same 'optimists' who were expecting a top 6 finish from us this season  :004:

We have to get behind the team and support them. Changing manager is not guaranteed to succeed - just look at what happened to Charlton when they got rid of Dowie  :015:

Some folk do seem to have a personal agenda with regards to CC which in itself is strange - ultimately if he is sacked and deemed a failure them our club will probably have been relegated  :007: Just because individuals don't like the guy doesn't mean you can't support our club. I have to admit to not rating Roberston as a manager and look where he got us  :014:

Get a grip - 5 games - my a**e

For God sake people. Just because you havent had too much of your Satutrday afternoon  dose of self gratification don't take it out on Charlie and the team. These boys together earn as much in a week as a certain single OF players.

The wages they they earn are better than a lot of the people who post on this form and who spend a small fortune watching this team.

The manager and players are the first to bask in any plaudits that their form may bring and the flip side is that they should expect to be criticised when they do not deliver.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Why is it always Charlie who takes the flak? I thought he and Parkie were a team.

And how come nobody every slates the players? Dargo has gone off the boil - yet nobody slags him off, questions his work rate or whether his mind is on the job. No it must be Charlies fault.

You can't expect the gaffer to do everything on his own! If our players performance levels drop - they themselves ought to be busting a gut to get back on top of things.

I don't think you could attract a worse manager. thank goodness only one team goes down.

Well said Jake.

Five more games?

I hope we're looking at replacements now, possibly eating a bit of humble pie and talking to our best ever manager, Robbo.

I'm very much afraid that the next few days will see some ICT records smashed.

New record defeat tonight.

New record low crowd on Monday.

Only in feckin Chorley would someone serve you a feckin pint, with feckin tea leaves in it..... :020:

Probably Tetleys eh?

Anyway, it more likely to be your own refection John!

But back to the football thing, the team needs new blood, so i hope the board give him money to boost the squad, and not some second rate 1st div players.

Bonzo, you seem to have something personal against Charlie maybe you would like to enlighten us.I've got a feeling we can snatch something tonight.And Robbo wasn't our best ever manager mate :006:

Robbo WAS the best Manager we have ever had -

by a mile (mate).

I have nothing personal against Charlie Christie.

He was a decent player in the lower divisions and is a likeable man.

However, I am an ICT supporter and I want this club to survive, consolidate and progress.

10CC is not the man to do this.

I would prefer us to cut out the sentimentality and ditch him now -

rather than wait until it is too late.

Bonzo, I like Robbo and he did well for us, but he inherited a successful team.  He certainly made a contribution, but again Parkie was a big part of that.  Don't think we could possibly call him our best ever manager though.  That has to be Pele.  :021: :021: Or hopefully the best is yet to come and I would love that to be Charlie.

As with every old firm game taking any points is a bonus, but we are quite good at it.  Over the course of the season we have been doing okay, just a little slump at the moment.  Now 3 games in 6 days will be a test.  Have to pick up points, but I won't be too disappointed if that doesn't begin tonight. (I'll be delighted if it does though.)

I don't think you could attract a worse manager. thank goodness only one team goes down.

Well said Jake.

Five more games?

I hope we're looking at replacements now, possibly eating a bit of humble pie and talking to our best ever manager, Robbo.

I'm very much afraid that the next few days will see some ICT records smashed.

New record defeat tonight.

New record low crowd on Monday.

Bonzo do you really think we're heading for a record defeat tonight ?

You think Rangers will take 6 off us tonight ?

I've just seen on Gringo's prediction column that you're going for 8-0 Rangers Bonzo.

That's unbelievable, a better joke than the one you made earlier about CC learning Italian

being helpful for an Ice cream van business venture with his redundency  :015:

I've just seen on Gringo's prediction column that you're going for 8-0 Rangers Bonzo.

That's unbelievable, a better joke than the one you made earlier about CC learning Italian

being helpful for an Ice cream van business venture with his redundency  :015:

Have a look at the Falkirk predicition  :004: