FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tulloch Stadium Suitability

BornCaley

This old chestnut re the stadium only having three sides - It is certainly the case that in umpteen stadiums only 3 areas are being opened, due to cost, lack of numbers, stewarding, etc.  For the past umpteen years I have followed ICT to most away games and there are many clubs where whole areas of the stadiums are left empty (from bad memory - Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, St Johnstone, for a start).   Inverness is not the only stadium to only use 3 sides - maybe the original poster complaining about our 3 sides doesn't visit many away games - he would maybe change the record.   The same applies to those who complain about parking - what about the clubs who provide no parking at all for away fans - our club should be justly proud of providing parking for both home and away fans, no matter the grumbling about getting away after the final whistle (but that's another story/gripe).  Get a grip, all of you, you don't know when you are lucky and, if you don't like getting wet/burned with the sun/wind in your face/whatever, then change your seat to the North Stand - simples. 

I know the plural of stadium is not "stadiums" but I couldn't be bothered to change it.    Before the "correct" brigade sort me out.  

It would have been quicker to sort it out than post again explaining why you couldn't be bothered! :lol:

Lizi, you are actually right. Stadiums is the preferred plurar throughout most of the english speaking world. Stadia is derived from latin and seldom used to mean plural of stadium according to http://grammarist.com/usage/stadiums-stadia/

Dd, it would have been quicker to do a bit of research before laughing. :lol:

So in India, which has a population of over a billion, they use "stadia". Meanwhile the Yanks, who have notoriously bastardised the English language since before the Boston Tea Party - keeping, as they do, their "pants" up with "suspenders" whilst making their way along the "sidewalk" in search of a "street car" - use "stadiums".

I think I'll stick with good old standard English and stuff whatever "criterions" our transatlantic Johnny Come Lately cousins adopt.

post-4861-0-26907600-1376093490.jpg

Sooo why is it not suitable for a Scottish Premiership side to have 3 stands? Especially as it's only ever going to be full at a very maximum of 6 times a season (Should we play Celtic and Ross County 3 times at home)

Im not sure what looks worse, have 3 stands or 4 half full ones.

I still say the best solution would be two sheltered standing areas either side of the TV tower. Maybe with a big wall behind it to keep the noise in.

Its not like our fans are the noisiest anyway. So any argument about the lack of a stand taking away atmosphere is invalid until the fans themselves create some.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=lake+monster+in+British+Columbia,+Canada.&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=cr&ei=xNkHUrLrAcTuyQH3qoHoDw

Bughtmaster: there is a Lake Monster in one of the Northern Lakes in British Columbia, Canada, named OGOPOGO. Has very similar phuysival features to the Loch Ness Monster and appears to actually exist..

But the one in Canada that I like best is "The LAKE GUARD" illustration on the website of www.destiniesinmotion.com (see under the heading Illustrations). What a fearsome beastie he is...

You're too far west SP.  And they claim that it's only us Ontarian's that are oblivious to the rest of the country :P

Toronto has many, many streetcars.

There are no streetcars   there any more unless San Francisco still runs a few for the tourists but the word sounds much more exciting than trams doesn't it?