FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Suspensions

Bombabim

Okay, ridiculously ecstatic right now!!!!  :crazy:  :ictscarf:  :crazy:

Warren and Meekings both harshly sent off we can all agree. Meekings may get an appeal to a Yellow. But the general consensus is that they are both suspended for the final.

Yet, Hearts played mid week thus making Stevenson un-suspended for todays game. So how are our centre halves not suspended for the next two league games rather than the final???? One rule for the lesser rounds and another for the final? Can someone clear this up??

Either way today was awesome! but if we don't have them it'll be Devine and Foran at centre back against Rooney.

I have been wondering the same thing.

If you're suspended due to bookings/reds in the league then that suspension is also included in any league cup games within that ban.

But if you're suspended from bookings/reds in the league cup then that only counts for the next round of the same competition?

Does that make sense? Does it make any sense?

It is down to the specific reasons fopr the suspension. For totting up enough yellows, any ban is for the competition the yellows were picked up in. A red card for 2 yellows or denying clear goal scoring opportunity, likewise applies to the competition the card(s) was/were picked up in.

Reds for violent conduct are immediate bans for 1st team games, I am not sure if red for serious foul play are immediate or linked to competition.

Stevenson's ban was first team games due to the nature of the offence, as it was for  yellows, as well as totting up, Warren's is for the league cup only.

This gives rise to another possibility, what was Josh sent off for ? If for an offence that would lead to an immediate ban he would therefore be clear to play in the final ?

This is from SFA rules;

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/14DiscProced.pdf

A player who is sent off for serious foul play or violent conduct is suspended

automatically until such time as his club's team(s) has completed a match in a

competition for which he would otherwise be eligible for selection

Suggests to me Meekings will be banned next week, and ok for final.

If Meekings straight red was for either violent conduct or serious foul play, then he will be banned now. If is was for denying a goal scoring opportunity (or however they word it these days) then he will be banned for the final. But if it is for denying a goal scoring opportunity, that is even more ludicrous given the foul was deep in the Hearts half.

If Meekings straight red was for either violent conduct or serious foul play, then he will be banned now. If is was for denying a goal scoring opportunity (or however they word it these days) then he will be banned for the final. But if it is for denying a goal scoring opportunity, that is even more ludicrous given the foul was deep in the Hearts half.

The only way I can see it being a red is if it's a goalscoring opportunity. Didn't seem to be high enough to be deemed reckless and didn't seem to cause any injury. I heard one of the commentators or pundits ask if it was "deemed a promising attack" so maybe that's the wording that they're using nowadays for sending off's. Never mind. I'm sure the SPFL will be out ASAP to let everyone know the situation with suspensions and where the major cup final will take place... Oh, hold on...