Highland League 20/21

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

They have published initial games, contingent on Government confirming fans will be allowed to attend:

http://www.hflhub.co.uk/

I hope I’m wrong, but I suspect fans will not be allowed given today’s developments. Presumably that will mean the games not going ahead, but who knows. 

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Not a great surprise unfortunately. I had hoped it may be possible to get to some games at Highland League level in advance of fans being allowed in our ground, but the league has been delayed again:

http://www.hflhub.co.uk/index.php/2685-highland-league-season-paused

That, as you say, is no surprise but a great shame.

There is a wealthy Highland philanthropist who ploughs about a million pounds every year to keep his club in the Premiership and credit to him for that. I wish that we had a similarly generous benefactor.

However, if he gave a similar amount to be divided amongst the Highland league clubs as a one off that would keep their season alive.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Robert said:

Forres have pulled out of this season’s competition due to safety concerns surrounding the virus. 

I think there will be other teams following their lead

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Forres have pulled out of this season’s competition due to safety concerns surrounding the virus. 

I suspect that their real concern is a financial one but who can blame them.

I sincerely hope that a common sense approach prevails and the don't face any sort of sanction.

As IMB suggests, they may not be the only ones.

• 4 months later...

The Highland League has been declared ended, with Brora the Champions on goal difference following calculating points per game, so will be in the pyramid play offs if they go ahead:

http://www.hflhub.co.uk/

Brora were one of five teams to have 100% records, but the five had only played two or three games.

I wonder how they calculated the points per game for Strathspey Thistle who had played no league games?

Kelty Hearts are currently top of the Lowland League, both on actual points and on points per game. 

Edited by Robert

It's a bit ridiculous that they actually get awarded the title after so few games,  normally the season would be voided - but to advance to the playoff there must be a winner.

I wonder if the 'winners 20/21' will have an asterisk in the record books?

Certainly  a question for the pub quizzes in a few years.

Edited by Satan
Sp