FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Billy Billy G.T.F!

micaley68

^ that's a bit unfair, given SG success at dealing with other clubs finances and BD being part of the Rangers cheating EBT crew, I couldn't think of a better combination to be incharge when we get all the battery storage and Freeport ca$h. Cant be long now until we a 'ballers' playing moneyball with these sports washing Saudi's................

• Facepalm 1

• 3 weeks later...

Time to post this thread again Embarrassment of a coach .How long do we have to put up with this crap week in week out . Any other club would not put up with this any longer. Yeah some will say we are stuck with him for 2 years as club have no money . Why the hell did we give him an extension to his contract let alone a 2 year one??
It’s an Embarrassment whoever agreed to the 2 year extension when clearly the previous 2 years were shambolic enough. 

• Agree 2

There's no way BD is going anywhere unless we get relegated. 

1. We can't afford it just a few weeks into the 2 years. 

2. Our CEO would have to say they made a huge mistake. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

He also is a big mistake! Without his interference we more than likely would have parted company amicably at the end of last season . So not really our problem it’s his . 

Maybe a bit against the traffic here but has Dodds been hung out to dry here? I'm not a fan but I blame those who thought it a good idea to give him a new deal. It's very obvious he's not being backed. A new coach would not have accepted that. As a club we are a shambles from top to bottom at moment and I can't see any change in direction of travel anytime soon sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

I'm just putting a question here.

If Dodds contract had run down at the end of the season, he would have just walked away with no severance pay, yes? So, giving him a two year contract gives him a big payoff if he gets the sack during that time, yes? Which could be the reason he got the contract, because it certainly wasn't because of his tactical brilliance, I've never seen a worse coach who can't see what is blindingly obvious and needs changing to most folk watching.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

21 hours ago, Fraz said:

I am in the ‘he’s got a two year contract, so let’s just get on with the season’ camp, however even my stubborn position looks fragile. 
Fans are like the wind though and can change on a single result. A good performance and result against Airdrie or Arbroath will swing most sensible fans round to sticking with our lead coach and manager.

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

19 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Maybe a bit against the traffic here but has Dodds been hung out to dry here? I'm not a fan but I blame those who thought it a good idea to give him a new deal. It's very obvious he's not being backed. A new coach would not have accepted that. As a club we are a shambles from top to bottom at moment and I can't see any change in direction of travel anytime soon sadly. 

Somewhat agree OCG; once over the line it’s the only the team that can deliver. Yes Dodds can’t escape he picks the team, style of play and subs, but it’s down then to them.  
I hope things improve soon or we are back in a poor campaign start to the season.

bc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big cherly said:

I am in the ‘he’s got a two year contract, so let’s just get on with the season’, however even my stubborn position looks fragile. 
Fans are like the wind though and can change on a single result. A good performance and result against Airdrie or Arbroath will swing most sensible fans round to sticking with our lead coach and manager.

bc

So our lowest league finish last season in 2 decades and longest losing streak since Brewster is going to be wiped out in most fan's minds by a win over Arbroath? 🤣🤣🤣

Who knows what the season will bring and as I say BD aint going anywhere any time soon regardless.

However BD isn't the only issue and I would agree he's not solely to blame there are wider issues at the club and we are looking at a really concerning future if we (fans & club) don't take action. However I predict nobody will do anything and nothing will change. Club from board level down don't appear to see any issues at all and any raised to them are bushed aside. So I can only summise they know best and are happy with the way the club is running. 

• Like 1

Is it just me, or has there been a distinct absence of BD in the media over the past week? I see for the second time B Wilson is the coaching face to talk to the press regarding the team. Just wondered if BD has an illness or been told to lay low just know!!

Don’t think he has it in him to think the 5 losses are something to do with him, but strange things happen! 

Just find it interesting!! 
bc

• 2 weeks later...

Once we get taken apart convincingly at home to DUtd next month and remain rock bottom. That might be breaking point

Previous poor runs have been mid season and due to everyone else being inconsistent it masked the issues and made it look less 'bad'. A crap start won't and can't be glossed over the same way.

Edited by bdu98196

On 8/13/2023 at 1:28 PM, big cherly said:

I am in the ‘he’s got a two year contract, so let’s just get on with the season’ camp, however even my stubborn position looks fragile. 

bc

Guess we're pinning our hopes on that win against part time Arbroath to turn our frowns upside down 👍

• Funny 1