FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Hibernian - Sc Cup - Preview

tm4tj

The problem with Duncball is shooting! Yes our possession is OK but it's just not fast enough going forward. Quite convinced we could employ Harry Kane and we wouldn't get the ball to him. 

Hibs adjusted their formation at half time as it was clear we had no punch up front. 

Worrying..... Our home form is rank rotten. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

So, basically, we've missed out on a money spinning tie and allowing our stadium to be overrun by their supporters and pyrotechnics. 

• Funny 1

30 minutes ago, Gringo said:

So, basically, we've missed out on a money spinning tie and allowing our stadium to be overrun by their supporters and pyrotechnics. 

Doubt those in charge would agree but I'm now totally unbothered we lost yesterday lol 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1

That was a fairly depressing watch. As many have eluded to, having possession is all very well but there has to be an end product.

When we break forward there is little or no pace involved, giving the opposition plenty of time to get back and reorganised, and I just can’t see anyone in our current squad who is going to create anything.

Strange decision changing two central defenders when we need to chase a cup game (know this has been used to good effect previously), and as for Pepple, he gave the impression he wasn’t remotely interested once he came on. Hopefully he is just getting up to speed, but personally I have my doubts.

We need to improve dramatically in the final third, but hard to see what with.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The club seem to be on a continuing descent. A similar cup tie 20 years ago would have been a competitive affair with ICT giving as good as they got.

Our first 20 years were a more or less continuous upward progression where everyone from top to bottom of the club were in it together....................we now seem to be in reverse and if nothing changes, we'll be back in the bottom division in another 5 to 10 years.....

Truly awful.

• Agree 4

21 hours ago, Gringo said:

I suspect they would have offered to swap the venue to forfeit any chance of sporting success on return for increased revenue and a day out in corporate areas of 'the big house'

• Thoughtful 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DWH said:

The club seem to be on a continuing descent. A similar cup tie 20 years ago would have been a competitive affair with ICT giving as good as they got.

Our first 20 years were a more or less continuous upward progression where everyone from top to bottom of the club were in it together....................we now seem to be in reverse and if nothing changes, we'll be back in the bottom division in another 5 to 10 years.....

Truly awful.

There are problems and concerns, but come on, you seem to have forgotten that only last season we beat 2 Premiership sides on our way to the final where we put in a very competitive performance against Celtic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Yngwie said:

There are problems and concerns, but come on, you seem to have forgotten that only last season we beat 2 Premiership sides on our way to the final where we put in a very competitive performance against Celtic.

My main concern is our very, very poor home form (it's been like that for a number of seasons). Until we sort that out, we'll continue our downward trend.

I'd like to feel more positive......................

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic