Accies Away Play-off 1st leg

Mmm, not sure about that.

Duffy, Devine and Boyes as a back three, or a back four with Kerr in midfield?

I’d have preferred MacGregor or Lawal to Longstaff. Good to have Gilmour fit to start though.

A big night ahead. Hopefully we can get a win to give us confidence for Saturday. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Robert said:

Mmm, not sure about that.

Duffy, Devine and Boyes as a back three, or a back four with Kerr in midfield?

I’d have preferred MacGregor or Lawal to Longstaff. Good to have Gilmour fit to start though.

A big night ahead. Hopefully we can get a win to give us confidence for Saturday. 

Longstaff is pysh, As you say Lawal or Mcgregor, They would be my choice too.

Edited by caley100

We’ve missed Gilmour and the strength he gives us in midfield. I saw him growing to be the “new Allardice” before he got injured so I’m glad he’s back. I just hope he’s fit and we’ve not brought him back too soon like Shaw a few weeks ago. 

15 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

He really doesn’t rate MacGregor does he. Gilmore back for 3 seconds and in ahead of him. I wonder what he’s done wrong. 

Or what Gilmour has done right!

Posted (edited)

People will obviously question the keeper, but it started because we gave the ball away very cheaply in midfield.
Big stroke of luck for Hamilton that the shot somehow went in. About time we got some good fortune like that.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Feckin great, this is getting worse, Ridgers nowhere, Not looking good i'm afraid

Edited by caley100

Just now, KennySim93 said:

Why is Billy playing so deep? Hes almost in midfield. Needs to much furrher up.

He’s been played there most games. The summariser has it spot on about how we have lined up.

The next goal is vital. 

• Agree 1

Cove, Arbroath, Montrose, Alloa, Annan, Kelty, Stenhousemuir - yep, our level… 

At least maybe we’ll get a positive sub on 5 mins earlier than usual as we chase the game - or perhaps we won’t, because we can’t get out of a defensive mindset that’s become entrenched.

Even worse than feared.  Everything is so slow, our midfield look like they're running in treacle.  Nothing against Gilmour but he's barely half fit, I just can't fathom the decision to parachute him straight in after 3 months out. We need to see Lawal & Macgregor as Anderson is blowing too.

This one is on the manager. It's been coming.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

We need to go 442, Get Longstaff away to feck, get Mcgregor or Lawal on to give some direct play.

There's just no passion, Half of theses guys will be away Saturday night.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Feel like I'm about to go against what everyone else thought with my take

We've managed to get the ball into some decent spots and have forced a couple of saves, our biggest threat is down the left, when go right kerr too often has stopped and played back the way. McKay is not a 10 and I thought he was one of the worst offenders for slowing our attacks down. Feel the ref hasn't handled it well, and should have booked a Hamilton well before he did. Could argue we should have had a pen, same for Hamilton, and felt the second was a foul on Ridgers

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

What an awful half for us. Two disastrous and rather freakish goals. In general though I don’t think we have been as bad as the score suggests, it’s been an even game overall and we are playing more attacking football than we have done in recent games (which is isn’t saying much, admittedly).

Edited by Yngwie