FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A plea from the heart

i said it on another website last night but it was good for christie to get a few things off his chest in 'that' summer interview.  what he really didnt help himself in doing was bringing up the effect his working life was having on his family, that was when the questions really started getting asked, theres some things youre just not supposed to talk about with the media.. now every second post is saying 'enjoy spending time with your family..' or similar, we're all talking about it when really its none of our business how he spends his time.

no wonder he felt under pressure, it was self inflicted, his private life shouldve been a sanctuary from ******s like me and 3-1 home defeats to dunfermline.  it was he who invited in the observers into his private life, he then had nowhere to hide.  if he does manage again in football then he needs to be a bit more savvy with the media

will he stay with ict in some capacity?  i hope he has bigger balls than that and leaves for good

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are problems in the dressing room over the signing of a quakity international player, then the players want to take a long hard look at themselves.

In effect they're saying.....we don't want anyone here better than us. That's an appalling attitude. The only way our club is ever going to progress is by continually signing players as good, or better, than what we have.

This attitude in the dressing room is effectivly saying we don't want any big names at our club.......which is bollox.

Completely agree. There is a reason some players get paid more than others. That's because they are better than you and more valuable. It's the same with every job.

Yes but no matter what job you are in your salary is 99.999% confidential!

Perhaps what they are saying is, "why should I work my balls of to get a start on the pitch when someone can walk in on 4 times my salary and then expect me to perform 110% in order that he can shine and move on".

In which case, it shows their interests are themselves, not the clubs.

I'll try a ***** analogy, but it's the best I can do.

A hypothetical situation....

A mate of mine works in a local bakery. It's small scale, employs six people, but has grown from a cottage industry from 5 years ago, to a well respected, medium size concern thesedays. The owner realises though that, as it stands, he can't really progress any further. So he has an idea...

One day he goes into see the staff, calls them together, and says..." I've been giving this a lot of thought folks. We've got where we are today because of all your hard work, and I appreciate that so much. I feel though we've reached our limit, and without something extra I'm not sure we can progress any further/ I'd like to progress, and I want you all to be part of that".

" It's cost me a load of money, but I've secured the services of ace cake maker, Jane Asher. She's not cheap, but I feel it's worth the investment. She'll bring fresh ideas, a wealth of experience at the top level, new recipes, and will increase our profile hugely. I think that she'll give us the edge over our competitors. I also hope we'll all learn from her, and as a result become even better bakers than we are now. We'll all benefit by that....more business means better pay for everyone in the long run, better bonuses. Her value to us, while costly initially, will pay in the long run"

"You with me or not?"

"Yeaaaaaaaah" reply the bakers, knowing that they'll all benefit from her employment.

Why should a football club be any different?

Told you it was pish :001:

But then Jane walks in and the other cake makers feel that she is not that special and she is lazy and expects that her reputation should be enough for the others to respect her. And then the shop floor manager has doubts and Jane's initial attempts to put some icing on the cake fail miserably becos she has been out of practice for a while. The shop floor manager leaves, the head manager insists that her cake recipes will be followed and the business gets bad reviews and Jane herself is targetted.

Lets give Jane a few weeks to perfect her Victoria sponge but if it is still sinking in the middle perhaps the dough should be spread around more equally. As my old friend, Fanny once said The proof is in the pudding  " :001: