FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Scotland Strip

Seven

I like the neckline - far prefer v-neck to the round neck but the downside is the collar, it looks like a somewhat subdued throwsback to the 70s ! (mantis will explain :rotflmao: )

Here's the pic for those that cant be bothered going to the other link

newstripgn2.jpg

Didn't like it when I first saw those pictures yesterday; but when I saw the players walk out with it at the press launch I changed my mind for some reason. Similar to what happened with our new kit!

I must be getting old. I don't think I've liked a Scotland strip since they moved to Diadora. They looked like a team you could believe in wearing Umbro. Diadora is fit for the welfare league.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

The strips look good yes, But my only problem is that again we are trying to refer to our past teams, when we are suposed to be aiming forward with this one. I appreciate it was a good time for scotland. But we need the strips to be unique to us now, so that any of this teams success can be assosiated with the strip, just like from back then.

The strips look good yes, But my only problem is that again we are trying to refer to our past teams, when we are suposed to be aiming forward with this one. I appreciate it was a good time for scotland. But we need the strips to be unique to us now, so that any of this teams success can be assosiated with the strip, just like from back then.

lost to see what a strip design has with us looking forward or suggesting we are trying to refer to past teams, not much you can do with a blue top? whatever the players wear doesnt make any difference

the strips a vneck but doesnt have a collar, white parts are actually sewed into the strip but gives the illision its a collar/polo shirt

kinda like it although i think Scotland blue socks would have been better. It seems to suit the likes of Hartley better than a picture of David Clarkson i saw. In other words it looks good on Hartley but pretty crappy on David Clarkson.

Definintely a man not a boys top. Very "I was born pre 1985" Looks a bit too retro for the young uns!

PS i know nothing on fashion. One must only look at my shirt collection.

I think your right, and in order to address the issue, anyone representing Scotland should have to grow a dodgy beard and/or moustache and large sideburns. Anyone failing to do so will be provided with sticky on ones.

:rotflmao:

I think your right, and in order to address the issue, anyone representing Scotland should have to grow a dodgy beard and/or moustache and large sideburns. Anyone failing to do so will be provided with sticky on ones.

:rotflmao:

Oddly enough, Paul Hartley, one of the players chosen to model the strip, usually has all three but appears to have shaved them off for this shoot. Or perhaps they were 'sticky on' all along and blew off in a stout west-coast breeze...