FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Darren Fletcher

SMEE

Preferably i would have Stephen McManus because he is at least captain of his club...when has Fletcher ever captained a team???

I think he is a half decent player but he can be very slack at times which is defnitely not good at international level. I hear that Burley is famous though for making strange descisions :rotflmao:

Fletcher is so "world class", that last season he came mighty close to joining.....AC.........no wait.....Barca....sorry Birmingham City! :rotflmao:

That was paper talk and at most an enquiry. Ferguson also rebuffed a bid from Everton in the summer.

Alot of players would look average alongside Carrick ?18m, Anderson ?17m, Hargreaves ?18m, Ronaldo ?12m at 17 years old, Rooney ?30m, Tevez reportedly a ?25m price tag, Giggs 9 premiership medals and 2 champions leagues and a few FA cups.

Id love to look AVERAGE in that company.

He's an all round simple football player. Makes simple passes to help retain possession, works hard off the ball and gets the odd goal (probably about the same amount as Carrick in half as many games)

He was again posted missing yesterday when we needed him to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Barry Ferguson is impeccable at doing that. He always wants the ball and is always looking make something happen. He is a moaner too. Gee's up players who are not cutting the mustard. But is always 1st to run and congratulate a scorer. A fine captain.

I think Mcmanus is a fine deputy in that he is a typical Hendry type braveheart. Leads by example. Not particularly gifted a defender (always thought webster was more gifted) but a die hard give all player.

Weir is next choice as captain simply through experience. He reads the game well to make up for all his other flaws. ie old ***.

I'd never have Mcfadden as captain. Unless he stops acting like No1. He belives his own hype as a talisman and tries to do everything at times.

But Fletcher is top quality as far as Scottish players are concerned but must show more in the games.