FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rockness

Guest ictdave

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going now!!  :003:

Just got 2 tickets plus camping passes on Ebay for a real bargin!!

£4.20 and the postage is free  :015:

I noticed the tickets were going on e bay for practically nothing!  I thought I was getting a bargain getting an early bird ticket for £25 as well!

Are there going to be taxis running out to Loch Ness tomorrow morning/afternoon? All the shuttle buses seem to be full and I don't fancy walking the 6 miles with a raging hangover! :007:

Guest Loopy

Think the citylink website have added more buses on as my mate tried Thurs lunch time and they were all full and she managed to get 4 returns when she tried again at teatime.  I managed to get 2 seats going but none returning but I'm not in a hurry to get home, LG have your moby handy  :004:

Looking forward to this, just what Inverness and the area needs, cant wait to hear some decent dance music for a change,  cya there guys

This is the weekend all the sad losers who cruise round Inverness on a Saturday night in their rubbishy Corsas playing pish music while sporting trackie bottoms and burberry hats have been waiting for*.

*The above description is typical of that of the car obsessed, dance music loving ned from Aberdeen which would no doubt fit in well in Inverness.

And as well as the few dozen of them there'll be the 19 976 of us with quite sophisicated music taste developed over the decades that appreciates a good line up when they see it!

I heard you were more into stuff like the Sound of Music soundtrack RiG, no wonder dance music scares you  :015:

Thats what I like to see RiG - a man who follows the same principles as me.  Instead of stopping digging when in a hole we both like the challenge of turning the said hole into an escape tunnel.... :015:

Loopy

I might sleep from 5pm - 8 or 9ish and then work from 10pm til whatever time in the morning 6 or 7 possibly.  Al long as you don't want to come back to town at 11pm you can phone me.  There's no chance we will get near the place until the first crowds disperse.

Don't mind coming out to pick up if I know who I'm looking for. 

Loopy, our lift's at 1am (not into town though), come looking for us if you're hanging around for a whiley after the gig - and you can borrow my blue fairy lights so LG'll spot you  :003:

zogg phoned and said it is utter chaos out at Rock Ness just now, thousands of people trying to get on to a handful of buses, will probably take him two or three hours to get back to Inverness.

Right, thats it, two hours from Inverness to Dores and back.  I had to go and collect zogg and his friends myself.  As I got to the roundabout as you leave Inverness, the first stragglers were just arriving back into Sneck, thereafter, thousands were walking along the road from Dores, it's a wonder nobody was knocked down as drivers could see nothing when cars came towards them with headlights on and pedestrians scattered across the road in total darkness with very little verge to get out of the way.  Zogg started walking and I managed to run the gauntlet on the way out and picked them up about two miles from the concert, they were unscathed. The buses seemed to be totally inadequate for the amount of people wanting to get back into town and surely the organisers should consider this if there is to be another event.

Was the Essich road shut? traffic seemed to be able to get up that way from Dores without a problem but I heard a rumour it was closed at the Inverness end.

What a fantastic night! Fat Boy did his stuff, the weather was kind, the view was superb, the fireworks were great, never saw any fighting, in fact everyone I met was really friendly  :001: Even the midgies came out to play! It was well organised, apart from Mannie's transport problems and the residents of Dores seemed happy enough, lets hope it becomes an annual event  :003:

[img width=400 height=299]http://www.lazypict.thehighlands.co.uk/images/Rockness009wee.jpg

[img width=400 height=299]http://www.lazypict.thehighlands.co.uk/images/Rockness013wee.jpg

Guest ictdave

At times i thought the chill out tent was better than the main stage.  Fatboy Slim was as usual brilliant and the fireworks were superb.  Hope it does go on every year.  It will probably take days to clear up the site :003:. 

I saw 2 bins on the entire site so it was no wonder there was such a mess. We reckoned they must have one of those hoover vehicles to do the cleaning.

Are you still singing "whats that coming over the hill? "  :003: :003: :003:

Well I won't mind if it's another year before I have to go to Dores.  :015: I think my car could find the way itself.

MEE the top road was closed from Inverness for emergency access. 

I chickened out and went home at 1am. 

But started again at 6am and it was still as busy, but daylight and without people on the road.

Litter team out by 7am clearing the verges and the site was already pretty well cleared by 2pm which was my last visit.

Sounds like a great weekend with the only complaint being about getting home.  What do you expect though.  20,000 on the Dores road at the same time just doesn't work.  Seems the only area where there is room for improvement.

Next time camp overnight and come back at your leisure the next day.

Wow...!! Some really cool reviews for this gig....

The Scotsman...

Universally appalling music....

Carl Cox's horrendous set comprising the very worst in dance-**** monotony - a noise you'd drive 150 miles to avoid - rather than get to... Hideous car-alarm rubbish...

Fatboy - A gangly, ageing ring-master in a circus of carefully policed madness - but running to almost 3 hours his set was way too long....

This whole event was wildy underwhelming in musical terms. Hardly surprising that Nessie stayed well hidden throughout....!!

Personally I can't understand why 22,000 turned up for this event when the Eagles were playing at Hampden Park......