FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rockness

Guest ictdave

I'm not telling anyone what to like though! And a lot of you don't seem to grasp that dance music isn't just about starting the minidisc or programming a synth, genuine musicians with talent and skill go into a studio and play their instruments to create the music in the same way any other music is made, Hybrid, one of my personal favourites, use guitars and strings to create the melodies, just like in any other form of music, they used a 27 piece orchestra on quite a few tracks on their 2nd cd who even toured with them. You can't say that their music is worthless just because you can dance to it, thats ridivulous!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop putting words in peoples mouths. Some of them use musicians some of them use electronic sounds. Some of them use musicians and then enhance or mix or whatever the term is, but they can't go on stage at the same time to create that effect, thus their musicianship is sometimes brought into question. I for one don't question the sound that is ultimately produced, in the right place at the right time it can be the right sound for the job.

For me, the idea of watching someone play a record live on stage or start a pc live on stage does not compare to watching a band produce live music from instuments in their hands.

Trust me, you will grow out of it.

I will never grow out of keeping an open mind about music!

And the dance acts that I like can reproduce their sound on stage Underworld being a prime example, try telling anyone who's seen them live that they've not been at a proper gig or watching proper musicians!

LOL you probably don't even know who they are!

I've been in your car and heard your taste in music, didn't "good music" stop in about 1978?  :015:

good music is in the ear of the beholder :003:

good music never stops :sleep01:

good music is in my stereo :011:

are you having nettles for supper :010:

Good music is in the ear of the beholder  :015: So are my ears less good than yours then?

No nettles for supper, I've got some good banging tunes on the stereo so I won't need them  :001:

"""Who are you to say she will grow out of it?!"""

I am the one she should be listening to, not all this dance guff at her age. She should know better than to play records loud and pump up the volume. Trust me 17, you will grow tired of the music and the scene that belongs with it. Go and watch real music, pop in to one of the live venues near you, go on, you know you can do it....... you can get help for this. Speak to someone about this, it's not too late, you are not beyond help, no one will know you have been, take the first steps...................."hello, I'm rossco17 and I listen to dance music all over the world, please don't think badly of me, I want to come back to the real world", you know you can do it, but mee, she is past it, all washed up, she will never recover I'm afraid.

Anyway, she has her old favourites Runrig to keep her happy:003:

I wouldn't expect someone so near pensionable age to understand dance music but let us younger ones have our fun grandad  :015:

Mee...  Maybe you're heading for some kind of mid-life crisis.... Don't you think dance music of the FBS variety is aimed at a generation, a couple of generations below yours..??!!??

You should really be settling down at night now with your baffies on and listening to the likes of the Jimmy Shand Band.... Now that's real dance music and even comes with a Scottish twist....!!!

I'll put a cd together for you featuring some of the best folk/rock around, from the likes of Fairport Convention, plus some great Shetland stuff from bands like Hom Bru, and Rock Salt & Nails....

It will help broaden your horizons and help get you through what is obviously a difficult time for you.....

People a couple of generations younger than me haven't been born yet! Hope you enjoyed all TEN of those CDs I burnt for you JB, are you sure you're not too old for them?  :001:

And TM4TJ's so old his smiley's have stopped smiling  :015:

I'm taking it to mean that Im old enough to have bairns but they wouldn't be old enough to have bairns of their own, cheeky scrote  :015:

In the hills around Loch Ness, a generation is considered to be around 40 years, but with all the dance music goin on they have simply lost track of time................

In regard to all of the comments since my last post...what themann4thejob said!  :001:

Mee, seriously, give SOAD a proper listen. They are quite heavy but don't just switch off as soon as you hear the guitars. They are 'multi-layered' I think you could say. There's a lot of depth to their music and they have a very profound message in most of their songs too. Live they are something else. For instance, your average 'heavy metal' band would cover 'Sultans Of Swing' live! I admit that most rock bands are fairly mindless but SOAD (and Tool too) are not most rock bands.

Hielandee.... Anyone who can recall a period in time when Dundee FC were considered to be a successful football team belongs in a previous generation, maybe even two.......!! :015: :015:

Kick a man while he's doon why dont ya,efter trachling through to Keith to witness a 1-1 draw its tough to argue the defence tho.Ehm aff to listen to my Runrig greatest hit LP wi ma baffies and a wee fill oh baccy,nane oh this dance nonsense or goups wi oot proper names for me