FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

next 4 weeks

Guest R0b

The next 4 weeks are vital for the future of the club, probably the most important 3- 4 weeks in the history of ICT.

The cup match will look after itself, and apart from revenue for the club and team morale, it doesn't really matter in the big picture as we won't win the Scottish cup anyway, however I obviously hope we can beat Partick because of the effect a defeat would have on the team.

The match against Hamilton is massive, it cannot be overestimated. To lose that game could leave us isolated, especially when you look at the next couple of matches - Hearts away (would you play Black in this match? - and I'll come back to this later, even tho I think he is our best player!), then Celtic at home. If we can't take something from the Hamilton game it's difficult to see where our next point is coming from - our next league match after Celtic is Dundee Utd away.

The board has to act NOW. It has to decide to either sack the manager and do it NOW, or back him and give him some money to secure the players that will keep the club in the top division. The fans support the team, not the manager and don't pay good money to watch the directors sit on their hands. However it is obvious that the current group of players is not good enough to stay in the league on current form. THe league position doesn't lie. If a new manager is to be appointed then it should be done NOW to give him some time to sign his own players during the transfer window, and also to try to retain the likes of Vigurs, Cowie and Wood before they sign for someone else. Pressley will help, but he will just do that - help! Steven Pressley on his own will not save ICT. More players of his stature are required. It's my opinion that we cannot depend on Black for the rest of the season. He will not - when the going gets tough - put his move to Hearts in jeapordy. If Hearts want to pay good money for him I suggest we take it NOW rather than wait until January 30th when it's too late to get a replacement.

Thoughts guys?

........ It's my opinion that we cannot depend on Black for the rest of the season. He will not - when the going gets tough - put his move to Hearts in jeapordy. If Hearts want to pay good money for him I suggest we take it NOW rather than wait until January 30th when it's too late to get a replacement.

Thoughts guys?

Spot on with that comment. I said exactly the same on another thread.

........ It's my opinion that we cannot depend on Black for the rest of the season. He will not - when the going gets tough - put his move to Hearts in jeapordy. If Hearts want to pay good money for him I suggest we take it NOW rather than wait until January 30th when it's too late to get a replacement.

Thoughts guys?

Spot on with that comment. I said exactly the same on another thread.

Don't agree with either sentiment. I think Black will do his best for ICT whilst with the club, and regardless of how much money we get for him now, we'll replace him with someone from Elgin who'll cost two and six.