FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts: a bleak future

Kirishima

Hearts. How well would you say they were run? Id say run into the ground by the looks of it. For instance...

Their current wage bill is 120% of their income, (Aberdeen have second highest at 65%) yet their turnover is the same as Hibs who only spend 40% of their income on wages. Their debt as of 2007 was 35m with huge annual losses since then.

Their squad has 20 non-UK players, 9 players on loan, and are touting Driver, Stewart and Berra (their captain) to any club with cash. The Chairman is the son of the owner, who is a banker, and allegedly owns 95% of the club, and the board has two fellow countrymen of the owner and chairman as well, so a lot of "yes" men basically.

How on earth are they going to survive? The financial results for 2008 are about due, and then it will be scary how close to the brink they are. Put it this way, without Romanov there will be no Hearts. Fact.

This club is on death row.

the board has two fellow countrymen of the owner and chairman as well, so a lot of "yes" men basically.

Not an uncommon scenario!

But yes, Hearts really could be in the deep stuff, although they would survive under new ownership.

I heard recently from someone in football that Clyde, Ayr and Stranraer were also in trouble - the latter going public shortly after.

I cant see how they are going to survive when their wages are 150% of their income...

They are going to have another Gretna, Airdrie or Motherwell scenario here, but that debt will never be paid off, its a matter of time before they are into administration, docked points and out of the SPL and maybe even the SFA

I cant see how they are going to survive when their wages are 150% of their income...

They are going to have another Gretna, Airdrie or Motherwell scenario here, but that debt will never be paid off, its a matter of time before they are into administration, docked points and out of the SPL and maybe even the SFA

I think the points docking process should start today..... To the tune of 3!!

Heart of Midlothian would just change it's name to Hearts or something and continue on in perhaps a lower division, maybe at Murrayfield. There's no way a club that big and important would be allowed to just disappear. Trust me on this one.

Guest jumpship

We are still here.

Not saying everything in the garden is Rosy but its not as bad as the weegie press are making out .

They latch on to quotes from players and management and spin it to make headlines.

The only team that looks like they are in serious trouble are rankgers. :rotflmao:

We are still here.

Not saying everything in the garden is Rosy but its not as bad as the weegie press are making out .

They latch on to quotes from players and management and spin it to make headlines.

The only team that looks like they are in serious trouble are rankgers. :rotflmao:

I admire your optimism but its a fact that Rangers are miles away from hearts in the financial trouble stakes. You have just 7% of the total SPL turnover (same as Hibs) yet you spend 120% of your income on wages alone...Rangers are below 60% of their income. And you have at least 35m debt.

I am ICT only so no hidden agenda here. My point is that the SPL needs to ask more questions of Romanov as it is my prediction that you will not be in the SPL for another season

ahh bless and theres wee black running off to make sure he keeps playing in the SPL and by the looks of it he'll be playing pub leauges..... what goes around comes around..... im not a fan off black as you can tell....

I am ICT only so no hidden agenda here. My point is that the SPL needs to ask more questions of Romanov as it is my prediction that you will not be in the SPL for another season

Very good Krishima. I think they should be relegated instead of the team that finishes bottom.

Or even a points deduction may suffice. Say, 40 points?

Guest jumpship

We are still here.

I admire your optimism but its a fact that Rangers are miles away from hearts in the financial trouble stakes. You have just 7% of the total SPL turnover (same as Hibs) yet you spend 120% of your income on wages alone...Rangers are below 60% of their income. And you have at least 35m debt.

Murray is indeed in massive trouble. In fact some are suggesting a deal is being brokered to get him out of the huns at the insistance of the Banks. Selling for 1 pound sterling plus taking on a minimum debt of 30 mil., plus sufficient cash to enable them to survive until re-newal of season tickets comes along. This is obvious since they have no other source of revenue, except a few going thru' as pay to get in at games (very few I understand). We shall see.

Aplogies to those who don,t want to read any references to the huns!

We are still here.

Murray is indeed in massive trouble. In fact some are suggesting a deal is being brokered to get him out of the huns at the insistance of the Banks. Selling for 1 pound sterling plus taking on a minimum debt of 30 mil., plus sufficient cash to enable them to survive until re-newal of season tickets comes along. This is obvious since they have no other source of revenue, except a few going thru' as pay to get in at games (very few I understand). We shall see.

Aplogies to those who don,t want to read any references to the huns!

i agree with what you are saying about Rangers ( the huns ) being skint i read it somewhere months ago about their debt level rising by the month and almost out of control but the truth is Hearts are in a terrible state, at least the huns have got the backing to keep going in the short term in terms of supporters meanwhile Hearts don't. imho

as said by someone else there's no hidden agenda from me against the jam tarts or for Rangers (the huns)