FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No ICT Subbuteo

starchief

After reading a piece on BBC News about a big Subbuteo tournament in Scotland, I thought I'd indulge my boyhood interest in the game and look up a few teams and accessories ('the crowd and the dugout and the floodlights too'). There's the SPL, ok...um...where's Inverness? To make matters worse, they've even got Livingstone in there!

Quick trivia question, name two songs about subbuteo.

I see now you can even buy male and female streakers for that big match atmosphere!

Edited by starchief

After reading a piece on BBC News about a big Subbuteo tournament in Scotland, I thought I'd indulge my boyhood interest in the game and look up a few teams and accessories ('the crowd and the dugout and the floodlights too'). There's the SPL, ok...um...where's Inverness? To make matters worse, they've even got Livingstone in there!

I see now you can even buy male and female streakers for that big match atmosphere!

My perfect cousin - The Undertones "he flicked the kick" :rotflmao:

He's gotta degree in economics

Maths - physics and bionics

He thinks that I'm a cabbage

Cos I hate university challenge

Even at the age of ten

Smart boy Kevin was a smart boy then

He always beat me at Subbuteo

Cos he flicked the kick

And I didn't know

Oh my perfect cousin ..

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

My perfect cousin - The Undertones "he flicked the kick" :rotflmao:

"five man army" by Massive Attack mentions Subbuteo

Something by HMHB....

All I Want for Christmas Is a Dukla Prague Away Kit by the fantastic Half Man Half Biscuit.

"So he'd send his doting mother up the stairs with the stepladders

To get the Subbuteo out of the loft

He had all the accessories required for that big match atmosphere

The crowd and the dugout and the floodlights too

You'd always get palmed off with a headless centre forward

And a goalkeeper with no arms and a face like his"

Never mind Livingston, Queens Park are in the SPL apparently.

Edited by Caley