FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No FA Cup

SMEE

Anyone know why us in Scotland are being shunned by ITV when it comes to showing the live FA Cup games. Surely they have an obligation as a tv provider to give us a mix of entertainment?

Because Setanta has the control on Scottish viewings. Hence the reason Man U wasd on ITV down south but Setanta 2 in Scotland

Anyone know why us in Scotland are being shunned by ITV when it comes to showing the live FA Cup games. Surely they have an obligation as a tv provider to give us a mix of entertainment?

Because Setanta has the control on Scottish viewings. Hence the reason Man U wasd on ITV down south but Setanta 2 in Scotland

We watched the Man U v Spurs game on channel 993 on Sky - ITV London. Quite often get Champions League games on there too that STV don't show.

:rotflmao:

Nothing to do with Sentanta Alex,they dont control Scottish viewing ,only the SPL fotball the have contracted to show.

Rumour has it that that Irish subscription channel is actually backed by Virgin. I've also heard that Virgin have a big chunk of BSkyB

I don't think that's the case.

And Setanta haven't actually relocated to Luxembourg as such, they just set up a company there with a few people in an office, and EU legislation allows them to benefit from a lower rate of VAT on their UK subscription income which all then goes to the Luxembourg government rather than the UK coffers.

Yngwie, Setanta Sports is in partnership with Virgin Media and NTL Ireland (a Virgin company). Virgin owns 50% of the Setanta Sports news channel. Hence the reason Virgin customers get Setanta channels for free. Virgin also invests in BSkyB. My understanding is that, after a fall out between Virgin Media and BSkyB over pricing, and Virgin taking Sky channels of their network, agreement was reached whereby Virgin would invest in Sky.

Yngwie, Setanta Sports is in partnership with Virgin Media and NTL Ireland (a Virgin company). Virgin owns 50% of the Setanta Sports news channel. Hence the reason Virgin customers get Setanta channels for free. Virgin also invests in BSkyB. My understanding is that, after a fall out between Virgin Media and BSkyB over pricing, and Virgin taking Sky channels of their network, agreement was reached whereby Virgin would invest in Sky.

virgin dont own any part of bskyb in any way and the setanta deal was done because sky took the hump about sumthing and took all sky channels (cept movie channels) from virgin so virgin apparently bought into setanta and made a news channels to rival sky and gave all large package customers free setanta to cover themselves...

i have virgin tv and we have only recently got back sky channels (sports, 1,2,3 and a few others) and that was basically down to sky losing a hell alot of money from keeping the channels to themselves

Edited by Mick

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

if u have sky then just go to channel 977 and watch it there. i watched the man utd game and then then liverpool derby on sunday