FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowloads

DoofersDad

I was unable to get to the match today so it was interesting if very depressing to read the matchday thread. But one thing which was not mentioned except by one person was the fact that Barrowloads was not on the bench. Was he injured?

Now, I have been very critical of Barrowloads in the past and rate Rooney far higher. I also think Eric, whilst unproven, has real potential and it is great to see he is now fit again, however, I would have put Barrowloads on the bench for this one.

It seems to happen time and time again in football that players score against their old clubs so despite his poor form for ICT to date and the shocking miss last week, he should have been involved in the game at some stage. I would have put money on him scoring. The occasion would have motivated him and the past poor form would have counted for nothing. He may not be as good as Rooney but we need him scoring goals to get his confidence up. Not even being put on the bench for a derby against his old team will have done the opposite and destroyed any confidence he may still have had. I actually feel sorry for the lad.

Eric could have waited till next week.

Would take Odhiambo before Barrowman any day.

Fact is he just isn't going to get us goals. Odi may not get many either but he is faster and has more of an effort in him.

Personally u shouldnt be complaining about him if he isnt even playing games :lol: . Infact if memory serves me the only time he has been playing in the league this season is 5 mins last week. So dont complain about a player who isnt playing!

And then next week he would still not have any playing time at all. atleast going into next saturday, he has played something and hopefully he will be a lot sharper in front of goal. Might even see a goal or 2 from him if butcher plays him

I was unable to get to the match today so it was interesting if very depressing to read the matchday thread. But one thing which was not mentioned except by one person was the fact that Barrowloads was not on the bench. Was he injured?

Now, I have been very critical of Barrowloads in the past and rate Rooney far higher. I also think Eric, whilst unproven, has real potential and it is great to see he is now fit again, however, I would have put Barrowloads on the bench for this one.

It seems to happen time and time again in football that players score against their old clubs so despite his poor form for ICT to date and the shocking miss last week, he should have been involved in the game at some stage. I would have put money on him scoring. The occasion would have motivated him and the past poor form would have counted for nothing. He may not be as good as Rooney but we need him scoring goals to get his confidence up. Not even being put on the bench for a derby against his old team will have done the opposite and destroyed any confidence he may still have had. I actually feel sorry for the lad.

Andy Barrowman was injured. You obviously have a hidden agenda against Barrowman as you keep slating him even when he is not involved. He is not one of Butcher's chosen ones. If he moves on I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us!!!!!!

No hidden agenda, Fanict. The facts speak for themselves. He has not cut the mustard at the higher level and therefore criticism is valid. However, the lad's obviously got talent - you don't score as freely as he did in div 2 if you haven't. It would be great for ICT if he was scoring regularly but he isn't (Bulvitis, our much slated central defender has a better strike rate) and I felt playing against his old club was the ideal opportunity. Far from having a hidden agenda against him I was expressing disappointment he missed out on an opportunity to get back on the score sheet. Can't be fairer than that.

When you see a lad get his opertunity and he doesnt take it (i am of course refering to his open goal howler last week) then how can you consider him in a near future line up, especially in a fixture of such importance?

Had Barrowloads scored that chance last weekend against Morton, he would have no doubt been on the bench if fit. With Eric eager to get playing again, I would suggest that Butcher though he would be far more up for it in terms of proving himself for team selections than barrowloads, despite the fact he has never experienced playing in a highland derby fixture

Barrowman is behind rooney, foran, sanchez, eric in the pecking order of strikers, in fact he is at the bottom of the pile and i feel a bit sorry for him. When he signed for ICT he was banging them in in div 2 but he took a massive leap to the spl and, understandably, he didn't cut it. His confidence must be rock bottom as he is not getting a game as our other strikers are doing rather well. If ICT had held off signing him until he had played in div 1 for county for a bit then you would have seen his potential at a higher level and then i think he would have been worth signing.

Needs to go out on loan in jan i feel!

i agree doof, is hot getting the chance to gain in Confidence, as you pointed out, he took a massive leap and with that a drop IMO in Confidence.. loan to Elgin lol, of forres, do some of the other local teams a favour, and lets face it, they're going to be our feeders soon enough.