FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher's aftermatch comments in the NOTW

caleyrule

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it that all these comments were made after Butcher trashed the away dressing room at Victoria Park ??

I gather a rather large bill will already be in the post to the Tulloch Stadium to cover the cost of the damage !

At least Terry doesn't assault his players as if he did then Sat would have been the time, judging by his comments anyway. So instead of moaning about Butch, take into consideration, Derek Adams assault on his players!!!!!!!

Are you quite sure about that ??

From what I hear post match tensions in the away dressing room on Saturday may very well have resulted in a few altercations between some of the players and with the management staff.

I suppose the fact that Butcher is now away with Scotland for the next few days - instead of staying in Inverness and working with the players ahead of Saturday - will be a little relief to the Caley players.

Errr Butcher is with the ICT team preparing for saturday he wasnt yesterday as at an sponsers event thing but he was back today

Errr Butcher is with the ICT team preparing for saturday he wasnt yesterday as at an sponsers event thing but he was back today

WRONG !

I'll give you the following quote in the Inverness Courier today.

"I've calmed down now and although I saw the players on Monday, I'll be with Scotland for a couple of days from Tuesday, so that's probably a good thing," he said.

"Maurice (Malpas, Butcher's number two at Caley Thistle) will be taking the training and the players are going to have to impress him.

"I will be looking to make changes, however. Players not only force themselves into teams, but also out of them, so we'll look at who does well this week before deciding who is involved against Airdrie United."

I seem to recall a very similar comment from him after the game where you were beaten 3-1 by County in Inverness, when he left the team to help with the Scotland squad for a few days...

It must be a concern to you all that at a time when he openly admits that changes in the team are needed, they he leaves the club in the lurch - Going by his comments above, it appears that decisions will be left to Malpas this week.

We all know it's not ideal. Why are you so bothered though....... :rolleyes:

Not really bothered by it. Just wondering what the opinions of the Caley fans were on this.

It was rumoured a few months back that the ICT board didn't find it an ideal situation - albeit one they agreed to. I would imagine that Butcher would gine away with Scotland a happier man had they won on Saturday, and not had the worries he currently has.

Maybe that was one of the main reasons he was so unhappy on Saturday after the game.

But not really bothered by it, just wondering your opinions.

Not really bothered by it. Just wondering what the opinions of the Caley fans were on this.

It was rumoured a few months back that the ICT board didn't find it an ideal situation - albeit one they agreed to. I would imagine that Butcher would gine away with Scotland a happier man had they won on Saturday, and not had the worries he currently has.

Maybe that was one of the main reasons he was so unhappy on Saturday after the game.

But not really bothered by it, just wondering your opinions.

I have it on good authority that you're not a very good wind up merchant and that you secretly love ICT. What's your opinions on this?

Jailender has beern coming back on here for years. He is showing signs of wanting to take out a CALEY THISTLE

Supporter membership card.

Shall we let him in the door? Compared to some other County fans he has a bit of class about him . Also , sometimes his sense of humour alone is sufficient to warrant entry to the club.

Be nice to him. He is FASCINATED by Inverness Caledonian Thistle whom he really holds in awe and knows fine that one day they will be back where they belong--on top! :lol:

Jailender has beern coming back on here for years. He is showing signs of wanting to take out a CALEY THISTLE

Supporter membership card.

Shall we let him in the door? Compared to some other County fans he has a bit of class about him . Also , sometimes his sense of humour alone is sufficient to warrant entry to the club.

Be nice to him. He is FASCINATED by Inverness Caledonian Thistle whom he really holds in awe and knows fine that one day they will be back where they belong--on top! :lol:

Jailender is from Alness. There's nothing classy about that.

Don't feel too honoured about my presence on this site, as I visit many other teams forums just as frequently. It's a good way to keep up to date with all things football, and not to be blinkered into thinking my own team is everything !

As being on a the wind up, I wasn't. i was seriously interested to see what your opinions were on the manager being away from time to time to help out Scotland.

As for my own site, yes I took it down due to grief I was getting - but the it is still there albeit on a much more diluted basis than it was before.

But all credit to you all for nicely body swerving the awkward question about your manager deserting your team intheir hour of need !

Don't feel too honoured about my presence on this site, as I visit many other teams forums just as frequently. It's a good way to keep up to date with all things football, and not to be blinkered into thinking my own team is everything !

As being on a the wind up, I wasn't. i was seriously interested to see what your opinions were on the manager being away from time to time to help out Scotland.

As for my own site, yes I took it down due to grief I was getting - but the it is still there albeit on a much more diluted basis than it was before.

But all credit to you all for nicely body swerving the awkward question about your manager deserting your team intheir hour of need !

post-2534-1257946887.jpg

Nothing has been body swerved. It's been debated on here numerous times. Given how frequently you are on here I am sure you can find it pretty easily. Or are you just scouring this site for information before going on to P & B then starting a thread saying "I heard that" and then pass off what you read on here as your "source" like you usually do? :lol:

Sanchez has played well in a number of games this season but he does drift in and out of them - a bit like Juanjo in the SPL. That's just the kind of player he is.

For someone who talks about fans getting behind the team you are awfully negative about our own players. I hope you encourage them on a Saturday instead of slagging them off like you do on here.

sanchez - absolutely awful and thinks scottish football is easy with him trying his stupid tricks, Same with Juanjo

Bully - If thats a centre back, then someone tell butcher that im available on saturdays as i could do a better job than that.

Barrowman - plucked from county far too early, worked with Rankin and Cowie but not with Barrowman

Cox, Eagle, Stratford, LDZ - Where are they now if they are so great?

Which part of that is wrong?

I think its a little harsh laying into Cox. He's only 18/19 and players of that age rarely have much consistency. Hedoes have some evident talent.

Stratford was signed from college football in the US. He ain't going to adapt overnight. He may never do but again he's young and has no 1st team experience to draw upon in a very inconsistent team that we have.

Eagle is another with no 1st team action prior to ICT. Again he is also young. Not everyone is going to hit the ground running. Especially if the team is not gelling.

LDZ is just a bomb-scare. As for Sanchez, a typical flashy, ace sometimes, anonymous the other times, type.

Bully would probably be better up front, or swap him and Rossco about perhaps? A new centre half is required.

I dont think Barrowman will ever get going and we should try and get a fee in January. I though he might do well this season but sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

Sanchez and barrowman. I still don't rate Rooney IMHO.

As for tokely playing as a CB I'm totally against it. He's never been a pacey player but in some games he's looking decidely slow. An example being the recent victory over Raith.

Btw Darren Dods was a spectator at that game...

Sanchez and barrowman. I still don't rate Rooney IMHO.

As for tokely playing as a CB I'm totally against it. He's never been a pacey player but in some games he's looking decidely slow. An example being the recent victory over Raith.

Btw Darren Dods was a spectator at that game...

As was Rossco by the sounds of it.. :blink:

Says the man who's made near on a thousand posts on OTB.

:blink:

Indeed. Over 7 years of course which you fail to mention. TJE has posted more in this thread than I have on OTB in the last year. Looking at the stats I have posted 10 times in the last 2 years there.

Says the man who's made near on a thousand posts on OTB.

:blink:

Indeed. Over 7 years of course which you fail to mention. TJE has posted more in this thread than I have on OTB in the last year. Looking at the stats I have posted 10 times in the last 2 years there.

Obsession :P