FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Man of the Match - They're having a laugh!

Hearach

Don't know which match the people who chose man of the Match were watching - maybe they were too busy tucking into their pies and weren't watching! But there were 10 other players on that pitch who played better than Eric Odhiambo. He had a terrible game. Didn't run for the ball and was too easily pushed off it when he had it. Shocking. But at least the announcement gave us a good laugh after a dire game. But 3 points closer to winning the league nonetheless.

He wasnt great today but he wasnt our worst player either. He played ok in spells and had some good play in the middle of the park but yeah motm was taking it a bit far!!

Maybe the announcer got to decide it today, he didn't even know the difference between Bulvitus and Sanchez last tuesday so prob just closed his eyes and pointed at a name. Or maybe he thought our left back was called Odiambo.

He has flare that's for sure and the previous few games he has been great - fighting for the ball and being a bit tougher. He really seemed to have come on in leaps and bounds but today was a shadow of what he CAN be. Just cos he is getting into team now he can't stop trying. And it was worse with Foran missing.

I agree with the OP.

One of the worst performances I've seen by a player in an ICT shirt. Other than a few neat turns he was not interested and jogged about the park.

Baffled how he stayed on the park as long as he did.

Hopefully this was simply a bad day at the office.

Phew, wasn't just me then. Thought he was really poor in the first half, a couple of times the ball came through to him and he just stood and watched it. He did improve in the second half though and I saw on Tuesday night what he is capable of.

A few poor players today though. Thought Golly, Hayes and Rooney were the best players on the park today.

The way I see it with Odhiambo, he's what I would call a "space player". He needs space to run into and attack at. There's no denying that he's quick and needs to be played in such a manner to exploit this feature. Today he was in the melee in the centre of the park and because he isn't particularly big or hefty, he just gets banged around and pushed off the ball. This is not the manner in which he should be played.

Because we are all different, Ie some like big t1ts, some like small t1ts, some like blondes some like gingers, some like curry some like chips...

some sad people support county...

Thats what the forums are about

We have a BBC MoTM, we have a CTO MotM and we have a Sponsors MOTM and they can often be 3 differing players picked by 3 differing groups.

If you want to choose the Sponsors MotM then stick your hand in your pocket and go pay for the privilege just as those who picked it did today.

Well, I went and saw my favourite team grind out a terrific result today. Just 3 points behind Dundee now, who look as if they're beginning to wobble.

Is this really a good time to be so critical of TB and the team he selected today?

Edited by Johnboy

I am certainly not being critical of TB or the team. Still believe they can win the league and will support them all the way. just voicing my opinion that whoever picked MOTM today was a bit confused.

Well, I went and saw my favourite team grind out a terrific result today. Just 3 points behind Dundee now, who look as if they're beginning to wobble.

Is this really a good time to be so critical of TB and the team he selected today?

Believe!!

Don't know which match the people who chose man of the Match were watching - maybe they were too busy tucking into their pies and weren't watching! But there were 10 other players on that pitch who played better than Eric Odhiambo. He had a terrible game. Didn't run for the ball and was too easily pushed off it when he had it. Shocking. But at least the announcement gave us a good laugh after a dire game. But 3 points closer to winning the league nonetheless.

Hearach, honestly mate, I keep looking at the league table and it brings a smile to my face. I witnessed the same crap football today that everyone did but what I took out of it was not a need to pick at the sponsor's choice of MoM (let's face it the sponsors reps probably know feck all about the game) I left feeling that if we can keep grinding out results playing mince then maybe, just maybe we could be watching the team parade the SFL championship trophy around TCS. Does it not just make you want to smile?

Thank goodness it wasn't just me that thought this. I suppose the people who pick MOTM pay their money and pick who they think deserves it, but I would have put Eric no higher than about 7th or 8th on the list of best players last saturday.