Guest Mahonio

I would go with same again apart from McBain for the suspended Duncan

So this would be the team:

Esson

Proctor, Tokely, Munro, Golabek

Cox, McBain

Hayes, Odhiambo, Foran

Rooney.

I am only sticking with Odi is because other than Russel's suspension i believe that the other 10 players deserve another run after tonight.

So this would be the team:

Esson

Proctor, Tokely, Munro, Golabek

Cox, McBain

Hayes, Odhiambo, Foran

Rooney.

I am only sticking with Odi is because other than Russel's suspension i believe that the other 10 players deserve another run after tonight.

I'd go with that but possibly change McBain for Stratford.

I reckon with this game, that Raith are going to be another one of those ultra-defensive, six man back-line teams in the same way that Airdrie and Morton, so for me -

Esson

Tokely-----Bulvitis-----Munro-----Golabek

Cox McBain Hayes

Sanchez Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Proctor, Odhiambo, Djebi-Zadi, Eagle

A Dutch/Johan Cruyff-esque 4-3-3 for me. Keep attacking Raith because chances are they'll play ultra defensive. If it becomes clear that ICT don't need 4 defenders, then Tokely or Golabek can move onto in the midfield and play in a 3-4-3. The tactics for me are the simple, keep the ball moving and keep it on the deck as much as possible, and go out and gub them!

Edited by Renegade

Esson

Tokely Bully Munro Golly

Proctor Cox

Hayes Odhiambo Foran

Rooney

Think this is the team we will go with. Is there any news on Hayes injury? And is Golabeck due a suspension or not?

This.

I'd imagine Ross might come in for Hayes if he's injured, or Odi will push wide with Sanchez replacing him in the middle.

Guest Mahonio

But the aim of thread is to show what you would play. Not to guess what Butcher's team will be.

:P Ah but you may be wrong, it could be to put in the team that you think Butch will put out, just remember its me who started the thread. :P :blink::lol::lol:

Indeed it could, but the culture of these threads is to show what YOU would do, and has been the case for many years. And anyway, you give us the crux of the thing for YOUR thread anyway! :blink:

Guest Mahonio

Indeed it could, but the culture of these threads is to show what YOU would do, and has been the case for many years. And anyway, you give us the crux of the thing for YOUR thread anyway! :lol:

Oh Feck, i got caught, oh well was worth a try :blink::lol: .

Agree with Harry that Hayes could be rested for this one....and possibly Rooney as well. These guys have really been working their socks off.

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golly

Proctor McBain

Ross Sanchez Odhiambo Foran

Subs... Allison, Rooney, Hayes, Eagle.

This is not the time, with 6 games left to be choping and changing the team, we need to go into this game with our best team as we can not afford to be dropping points in this game, we have to win! We have drawn with Ayr twice at home so it's deff possible. The players have had a few days to recover so I would hope Butcher goes with our strongest team and if we go 2 or 3 goals ahead then he could take off certain players to give them a rest, if they are in need of one.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

This is not the time, with 6 games left to be choping and changing the team, we need to go into this game with our best team as we can not afford to be dropping points in this game, we have to win! We have drawn with Ayr twice at home so it's deff possible. The players have had a few days to recover so I would hope Butcher goes with our strongest team and if we go 2 or 3 goals ahead then he could take off certain players to give them a rest, if they are in need of one.

I can see where you're coming from but you only have to look at the recent examples of Fabergas & Adam's uglier brother Wayne (yes I know they're not actual brothers) to see the effect of burn out and being over played. We still are more than capable of getting a result against Raith with 1 or 2 (max) players sitting out... and if it's not working take them from off the bench.

Why oh why are people still going with Odhiambo in that central midfield role? He may have scored on Tuesday, but essentially every time plays there, he is completely ineffective. It's an even more bizarre decision when bearing in mind that Danni Sanchez is far better suited to and a far better player in that role. He can open up the game from that position, Odhiambo can't.

Why oh why are people still going with Odhiambo in that central midfield role? He may have scored on Tuesday, but essentially every time plays there, he is completely ineffective. It's an even more bizarre decision when bearing in mind that Danni Sanchez is far better suited to and a far better player in that role. He can open up the game from that position, Odhiambo can't.

I agree but if he can score on Sat i dont see why not. I think they should get a half each.

esson

proctor tokely munro golabek

cox bulvitus

hayes odhiambo foran

rooney

I think bulvitus should replace the suspended duncan. A lot of people will probably disagree though.

I certainly do!!

--------------------------------ESSON-----------------------------------

---GOLLY-----------PROCTOR--------MUNRO-----------MCBAIN------

------------------------COX----------TOKLEY-------------------------

---------HAYES--------------ODHI------------------FORAN------------

---------------------------ROOOONEY------------------------------

And you think my line-up is bad. This is awful!

esson

proctor---tokely---munro---golly

-----cox-------mcbain

hayes---odhiambo---foran

---------rooney--------

wouldnt put bully in as we've not let in a goal since he was dropped :004:

and for the people who are saying play sanchez instead of eric, why?

when he was playing against airdrie he could have scored three and who cares if odhiambo doesn't play too well as long as he makes or scores a goal

Edited by Pedz4king

And you think my line-up is bad. This is awful!

???

golly doesn't have the best right foot in the world for a start, but tokely at centre mid and proctor at centre back? proctor doesn't win nearly as many tackles as tokely

just an awful line-up such as thecaleyteenager said