FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Beaton

Hiro

Couldn't decide which forum to post this in (ICT, general nonsense, Olde Inverness) so just thought I would bung it in here.

I was delighted to read this week that John Beaton was given the Merit Award at the Scottish FA's Grassroots Awards. Having played under John as a youngster for Inverness United and known the efforts and time that he dedicates to football I really feel that this kind of recognition is not only well deserved but potentially overdue. He is certainly one of the good guys around and there can't be many people involved in Inverness football who haven't had some kind of dealings with him. An absolute gentleman and I can't think of anyone who would have a bad word to say.

Cheers to John :clapping:

• Agree 7

Couldn't decide which forum to post this in (ICT, general nonsense, Olde Inverness) so just thought I would bung it in here.

I was delighted to read this week that John Beaton was given the Merit Award at the Scottish FA's Grassroots Awards. Having played under John as a youngster for Inverness United and known the efforts and time that he dedicates to football I really feel that this kind of recognition is not only well deserved but potentially overdue. He is certainly one of the good guys around and there can't be many people involved in Inverness football who haven't had some kind of dealings with him. An absolute gentleman and I can't think of anyone who would have a bad word to say.

Ditto.

Couldn't agree more!

Well done to John. When I was a teenager my best friends dad was a friend of Johns and they used to take us to the Caley away games. Once we got to Peterhead in under 2 hrs so you can imagine how fast the journey was.

John over the years has helped lots of boys through the bb's and football so this award is well deserved and long overdue.

Well done to John. One of the best coaches I have ever seen, coaching youth players in Inverness. Just a shame that ICTFC did not look after him & keep him involved with the club. I believe he's been doing a great job with the youth at Clach.

Must be thousands of us who have benefited from his coaching, mentorship and good humour over the years. Should mention Jackie Sutherland too.

I've unfortunately used my greens already today, but good point. Literally thousands.

Aye, literally thousands, more than 30 years of service. Was more than good to me, and is a natural coach.