FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

That's Better!!

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Much Better! Ok we lost but we gave a great account of ourselves and the team looked and played like they were up for it, Dods seasily MoM and Rankin looked more like it, wee mistake by young Zander but thats fitba, keep this up lads and you will turn the corner, no doubt about that after today.

Jeffries pants must be minging as he looked like he was straining one towards the end.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunetly you don't get points for playing better  :006:

I have to agree though it was a much more entertaining game than of late and the team played well in the first half well apart from the comedy defending.

Not too disheartened today although I would have settled for a boring 1-0 victory in the 93rd minute just to end this poor string of results

Oh dear God, we at least got some entertainment, but it was mainly from comedy defending...

First, the positives.  For the first time in weeks our midfield looked balakced and threatening.  Black anchored it impressively, and Rankin was a constant menace, finally starting on the left hand side.  Wyness missed a couple of great chances, but his use of the ball when it came to him more than made up for that - his spins and flicks were causing havoc.

On the other hand, I think EVERY GOAL WE CONCEDED WAS A DEFENSIVE DISASTER.  A bunch of wheelie-bins would have been more useful at the first goal - at least they might have got in the way.  As for the next two, how on earth could we let Kilmarnock have a man over at the halfway line so early in the game, not once but twice.  Both moves started on our right hand side, and both times Rossco had wandered up the park and was hopelessly out of position, leaving Dods one on one, first with Naismith, then Di Giacomo, which was inevitably going to hurt us.  And for their penalty, should Zander really be the one having to chase down their left winger?  Shouldn't that be a full back's job?

I don't remember Mark Brown making a save, yet he let 4 in and was probably without fault at all of them.  As far as I'm concerned, that's awful.

As for the ref, everyone was giving him dog's abuse, but he gave us a soft penalty, and other than letting Invincibile and Naismith roll about a lot I thought he did ok to be honest...

What infuriated me was when we played the ball on the deck we looked extremely dangerous but it we only get 5 minutes of it at a time before it reverts to the long feckin ball which does not work when you have two small forwards on the park. Its not fecking rocket science, its common sense.

I thought broonie couldnt be faulted for 3 of the goals but the one from Nish (i think it was the second) despite being left exposed by terrible defending broonie should have done better.

The midfield today i thought were a lot better than of late and wyness and dargo looked dangerous but the suicidal defending and reverting to the long ball tactic were two dissapointing factors today.

I was about to start a thread asking if we had turned the corner. I never made it today but it sounded on the radio as if the team gave the faithful something to get off their erses. I cannot stress how truly woeful we were last week at Tannadeechay. How about a well worn cliche 'if we play like that every week, we'll win more than we lose'?

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I know the defending was bad but so what, the main deal today was that we are back as a team, the lads are back amongst the goals and playing together, a couple of weeks ago I really did think all was lost and was sure that relegation was a nap but! whatever was going on outwith our ken seems to be resolved, so we should be going into next weeks game with big big cohones after today. Was that the first time we've seen Tokely hooked?

BTW Donaldo was more than a bit vociferous today, I thought at one point he was going to make the 4th official his *****.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Mantis it was good today, forget the score this was ICT of old and end to end too, as someone already said Broon didn't have to make a real save all game, that says it, forget the remarks on the defending as it was a wee bit of a mess, but it was due to the team being **** bent on going forward, some of the passing was cracking and ripped them apart, I could watch games like this week in week out.

'the defending was bad but so what?'  :017:

if the defending is continually bad it means we lets in lots of goals which means we lose games which means we get relegated so thats what!!

its very good that were scoring goals again but it means didly squat unless we score more than other the other team! thats is what the game is all about! scoring more than the other team!!

Some of the best football I've seen from us this season in the first half. Unfortunately, it was all undone by some shocking defending. Their first goal was playground stuff...near post flick on, Brown nowhere, goal. The second.....I've been saying it for ages, Tokely is struggling badly IMO. How many goals recently have come down the right hand side, normally when Tokely is to slow to get back??

Caff gave away the third...he misjudged the header, then couldn't get back with Nish quick enough. Other than that, he did well I though......at least he can bloody pass the ball out of defence!! What happened to Hastings? I didn't notice any injury in the first half :017:

Blackie had his best game in ages, and consequently the midfield looked much better.

Dargo/Wyness...both played well, some of the link up play was excellent. Does Dennis look a bit shot shy at the moment though? There were a few times he could've blasted it but seemed to want an extra touch all the time.

Much better overall, losing in that manner doesn't feel as bad. It was certainly better than the pish displayed at Tannadice last week.

Mantis it was good today, forget the score this was ICT of old and end to end too, as someone already said Broon didn't have to make a real save all game, that says it, forget the remarks on the defending as it was a wee bit of a mess, but it was due to the team being **** bent on going forward, some of the passing was cracking and ripped them apart, I could watch games like this week in week out.

forget the score? how could i forget that winning the game and getting points came second to keeping sandy cromarty happy.

at the end of the day all that matters is that we get points, remain in the SPL and then we can think about playing attracttive football

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Look ya bam, we've been playing sheit for too long, today we went back to football, we lost yes but in a lot of ways we won, we have confidence back, we scored goals and were unlucky not to have scored more in the first half, what has happened is that we have got our game back and that is what counts, nobody today at the game, were you there btw?, came away feeling that we deserved to lose and that is what is important.

There's two d's in Diddly, how can I take you seriously if you cannot feckin spell?

ha ha, beer is not condusive to spelling i'm afraid

i understand your optimism sandy and to an extent i share the optimism as it was good to see attacking football but we cannot ignore our shocking defending.

Look ya bam, we've been playing sheit for too long, today we went back to football, we lost yes but in a lot of ways we won, we have confidence back, we scored goals and were unlucky not to have scored more in the first half, what has happened is that we have got our game back and that is what counts, nobody today at the game, were you there btw?, came away feeling that we deserved to lose and that is what is important.

this is a debate sandy, not an arguement so theres no need for insults. i was there to the bitter end and while i was delighted to see the team attack with menace i cannot excuse the bad defending.

do you think charlie and the rest of the team are gonna be happy tonight? do you think they will think the points dont matter at least we scored three goals? at least we played better? i think not!

Some of the best football I've seen from us this season in the first half. Unfortunately, it was all undone by some shocking defending. Their first goal was playground stuff...near post flick on, Brown nowhere, goal. The second.....I've been saying it for ages, Tokely is struggling badly IMO. How many goals recently have come down the right hand side, normally when Tokely is to slow to get back??

Caff gave away the third...he misjudged the header, then couldn't get back with Nish quick enough. Other than that, he did well I though......at least he can bloody pass the ball out of defence!! What happened to Hastings? I didn't notice any injury in the first half :017:

Blackie had his best game in ages, and consequently the midfield looked much better.

Dargo/Wyness...both played well, some of the link up play was excellent. Does Dennis look a bit shot shy at the moment though? There were a few times he could've blasted it but seemed to want an extra touch all the time.

Much better overall, losing in that manner doesn't feel as bad. It was certainly better than the pish displayed at Tannadice last week.

that epitomises how i feel about todays game

Opinions, as Frank Zappa had it, are like ********, everyone has one and they all stink.

I am well PISHED OFF! The game was thrown away. We were playing brilliant, the whole team was functioning well, but their goals  were Keystone Cops stuff. Killie were not dangerous. For the second, I could have come out of the main stand and put in a tackle. It was like watching them dribble round parking cones. I am not sure who was to blame.

Many many plusses, but WE NEED POINTS.

Can't be ersed reading every word above but,...................we ferkin played like Barca today, especially in the first half, would have put your Chrissie pressies on Denzil notching a brilliant second goal for us. Hey ho, we lost, but we were fantastic for 80% of the game, we did not deserve what we got. More tomorrow once the boo boys have their say.

Well done Cromarty for honest views as usual, nothing more than i would expext from a true fan.

I thought we played quite well, mostly. We were victims of a mugging. Not by Kilmarnock but that joke of a ref who can't be called biased. It goes further than that  :008:

What I didn't get was Tokely coming off. I'm not a fan of Caff in the middle. He seems  lost sometimes. If he was going to play 3 at the back then why not have Tokely, Dods and Munro? Also Tokely gives that extra attack by getting forward whereas Caff only sits back. It seemed CC didn't have the bottle to take Caff off after him only being on for 25/30 mins or whatever it was. Nothing wrong with a tactical move like that sometimes.

Not happy with the result but the performance was ok.  Denzil and Dargo looked quite good together. If we play like that next week (with a decent ref) then surely we can win.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

It's about football, honest to god winning the ball and being stronger, walking  off the park and knowing I WAS  better and today you lads showed us you have it, take it from here an make Inverness proud to have you.

Exactly Gordy, points are a priority at the moment and although the team played well going forward, the defence was terrible, gifted them goals for 3 at least..

One thing we now know what has to be done next week, this game will make our season, lose and its a desperate situation, win and we can look forward.

Hope the players realise the importance of next week as they enjoy the Drummossie pysh up.

Let's hope the team are saving the top performances for Dunfermline and St Mirren. If not we will have a problem and that is no disrespect to today's attacking performance. This was our traditional approach which show attack is the best way to defend. However at the first goal how did we let a tiddler score a header from a yard out? Goal two was about leaving Mark very exposed. Goal three was possibly due to Stuart's lack of first team experience. Goal four was a tragedy for Zander and it will be interesting to see if he has the mental strength to get over it quickly.

It is easy to believe we should not have lost it but the history books are clear. They may not tell the story that this was great entertainment.

In the early days with Brew and Robbo points were rewards achieved after tremendous graft. I certainly feel we can beat Dunfermline next week but their new Manager will feel we are a weak link to be caught. We have to avoid defeat. This is the big one.