FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Most Important Game In Three Years

Kingsmills

It seems to me that saturday's match at East End Park is probably the most crucial we have played since beating St Johnstone to secure promotion.

Win and we are ten points away from the foot possibly even having climbed  place in the table. Confidence will be largely restored and our opponents' confidence will take another knock. In that event we can concentrate on looking towards the top six rather than down towards the trap door.

Lose, on the other hand, and we will be firmly in relegation territory confidence further dented and Dunfermline with their tales up the rest of the season my well be a relegation dog fight.

However, if we repeat our firt half showing of last week, hopefully with the defence being a little tighter Iam sure we can extend our great SPL record against the Pars nd begin to banish the spectre of relegation for the season.

Bit of a melodramatic title to the thread - there have been many "most important" games since the St. Johnstone one, and all is not lost if we lose this one.

However, it IS a big game, no doubt about it, and winning this one would certainly make the festive season more enjoyable.

I've often said this and I'll say it again - thank fork for Dunfermline!

They've always been good to us.

:003:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

If we lose this one then it's adios, no two ways about it and it's heads plain and simple, not one but all who backed and sold their choice to us, forget backs to the wall sheit and punching above our weight we will be in the keech and we will need a complete purge in January, I cannot make it any plainer. The party is well and truly over if this management fail.

PLEASE don not read more into this post than i say. I am in no way calling for the head of CC or anyone else

I just think it would b intersting to see if for the first time in our history our board will hav 2 sack a managment team as it would b a little bit worrying if we wer to get pulled right down to the foot of the table and our board didnt hav the confidence 2 do anything

I'd say we had a few more important games during our first season up.  When we beat Dundee for our second league win, we hadn't picked up three points in nearly two months and had lost six of our previous eight league games.  If we'd lost that game we'd have been marooned at the bottom and it would have been as very grim situation.

Also that season, we beat Livingston 4-1 at Almondvale - I think we would've been a point off the bottom if we'd lost but after that we pulled clear.

I would agree that this our first truly important game since we entered the SPL.

That makes it hugely exciting as well. I've not looked forward to game this much for some time.

Dunfermline have been sh1te for years and if we attack them they will crumble.

I predict a comfortable win and the start of a of a run that will leave us safe by the end of January. 

KTF guys,

We (SMFC) played the same game last week and the forums were full of the same kind of stuff.

Dunfermline won't try to win the game they will try to avoid defeat. A point today for you guys is a good result another game over, another game Dung think they could have won. Gradually they will drift out of the equation they were terrible last week.

I only found out Crawford was playing when I read the match report on sunday  :002: