FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

More new players

tm4tj

Lot's of lads have missed the boat. It's a buyers market. I reckon the club should show some enterprise - rather than paying a wage, we should CHARGE players to join our squad. Think of it as an internship. We give ambitious wannabe pro-footballers from far and wide a platform to train and showcase their skills, and they pay us for the privilege.

• Agree 1

I kind of agree with the above, I posted up a good while back stating that if we were patient the players who are higher quality will be available for less as they dont get clubs to meet their demands so face time in the wilderness or take contracts for less at lower level clubs where they really will have to work to prove themselves and get back where they want. Hard working bargains desperate to prove themselves - but with Europe and the rush for signings such as Lopez & Wedderburn have we actually blown our budget already on players who may never deliver rather than hold fast for quality?

• Agree 1

I heard the story on MFR this evening and I was quite surprised by the tone of it.  The club didn't seem to take this top secret approach with Toby Ayala, Darren Murray and JJ Hooper but with this one the tone seemed quite different.  I can only presume it's someone that we really like the look of and don't wish other clubs to steal him at the last minute.  Presume it's not another lower league unheard of and rather someone a bit more high profile.

I heard the story on MFR this evening and I was quite surprised by the tone of it.  The club didn't seem to take this top secret approach with Toby Ayala, Darren Murray and JJ Hooper but with this one the tone seemed quite different.  I can only presume it's someone that we really like the look of and don't wish other clubs to steal him at the last minute.  Presume it's not another lower league unheard of and rather someone a bit more high profile.

Maybe it's Derek Riordan :ninja: