Favourite away ground

bmills

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Dumfries is my fave but loved the train trip to Stranraer. In the old Highland League days I used to love Rothes and Forres.

You save money on voddies in Rothes, the fumes get you off to a good start.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:47 PM, TheMantis said:

A happy hunting ground for ICT and for me. 3 wins, 3 draws and never defeated till the last one, xmas eve 2016. Red Card and Maryhill showed me the Glasgow pubs are nearly as good as the Edinburgh ones :whistle:

And for me always felt we would get a result and usually did we seemed to enjoy playing there.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:45 PM, bmills said:

Saw mention of Ayr's ground on another thread and it got me thinking how it is by far and away the best ground in the country with all the old style terracing.

Wish there were a lot more like that and hope they don't redevelop it or move out any time soon. 

Blimey...I thought Ayr was an absolute dump (Pies and Bovril good though), though I liked the town.

Thought both St Mirren and Falkirk were decent Stadia.

Hoping to do Morton, Raith and Hearts this season

I’ve always enjoyed pre season games, Clach, Elgin, Keith, Forres and Nairn all bring happy memories of Highland League but Brora is a special visit, more so for the Trawler Restaurant in Golspie.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lizi said:

I’ve always enjoyed pre season games, Clach, Elgin, Keith, Forres and Nairn all bring happy memories of Highland League but Brora is a special visit, more so for the Trawler Restaurant in Golspie.   

Cheers for the tip Lizi. Never been past Poppy's coffee shop. Nice cakes.

• 2 weeks later...