FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Livi Scottish Cup

tm4tj

On 2/12/2023 at 8:57 AM, Jaggernaut said:

I'm not usually one for predictions, but I have this feeling that we are going to get a home draw against Celtic. If it comes to pass that I'm correct, I will definitely do the lottery on Saturday, something I haven't done for 20 years, and if it is a significant sum of money, I will buy the club and restore us to our former glory! 😀

Oh well, I can certainly forget my new career with the crystal ball! And continue not to play the lottery, and I unfortunately won't be restoring ICT to their former glory. They will have to do that with the tactical genius of Billy Dodds, who, after leading us to triumphant glory in West Lothian, will probably be given a five year extension on his contract! I had a dream that could now turn into a nightmare!!! 😱

• Funny 4

I feel that the onus is now on Dodds & Co to maintain a level of improvement in the coming weeks. Where Saturdays performance came from is puzzling but the effort, the togetherness and most importantly the tactics were spot on. The togetherness was simply oozing at the end of the game and a surprising, albeit not generalised, chant of praise and support for Dodds. Even he appeared taken aback given his reaction post match. It felt like we had moved into a parallel universe. But now is the time to consolidate. I for one would say that a play off place and a Hampden outing would be a remarkable achievement given what kind of season it has been. And there are plenty of excuses that could be used and we do appear to be moving towards the strongest squad position of the season. To me the main concern was the apparent lack of desire and a feeling that Dodds had lost the dressing room. Nobody could make that comments about Saturday. I am further encouraged by some background whispers that some ultimatums have been made and there is a wind of positive change blowing over the Dump.  I am sure that many will scoff and the proof is in the pudding. I renamed my post match libation as a Doddsie some time ago and last Saturday I raised a glass with that name and hope that I will repeat the tribute on a few more occasions this season. Here is a good luck slainthe 🥃

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

An absolutely brilliant performance from the team and great tactics from Dodds.  We pressed Livi in the right areas, played deepwhen we needed to and let them play in front of us.  Didn't create much in the first half but showed some fantastic direct counter attacking for the first and second goals and then pressed the ball, won possession and scored the third at the death.

Defensively we were solid - Devine probably the best of the back four but Carson was good as well.  Welsh and Allardice worked really hard in the middle and didn't let Livi get a grip of the game at all.  Henderson's pass for the first was a great ball, very clever early hit to outdo the Livi defence.  I thought Danny MacKay was off it a bit but never hid and worked hard.  Shaw was our best non-Billy Mckay player, he played more centrally and used the ball well, caused problems with movement and workrate and bagged two assists - the cross for Welsh's header was pinpoint.  Billy was probably our man of the match though, two outstandign finishes for the goals and hard work, classy touches and great movement throughout.

• Like 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic