FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Partick Thistle - Preview

tm4tj

There’s been a similar challenge in the Sheffield United v Brighton game just now. A bit high, no malice and no force, and a yellow given with the commentators saying it was the right decision.

As you say, we gave the ref a decision to make and a red was the outcome. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, STFU said:

After watching the highlights, I don't think we should waste money we don't have appealing the red card.

ICT never seem to get benefit of the doubt but, I think taking off McAllister seemed to take most of the ‘buzz’ out of the team.    Fans dread the time for the subs to be made as the team seem to lose focus - also Doran (on as a sub) then subbed for Udger in extra time?  On to shore up defence in case of a last minute losing goal?  Oh dear, tactics seem odd, but heyho what do I know.  

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, lizi said:

ICT never seem to get benefit of the doubt but, I think taking off McAllister seemed to take most of the ‘buzz’ out of the team.    Fans dread the time for the subs to be made as the team seem to lose focus - also Doran (on as a sub) then subbed for Udger in extra time?  On to shore up defence in case of a last minute losing goal?  Oh dear, tactics seem odd, but heyho what do I know.  

Doran was definitely sacrificed to shore up defence. 

Yeh 2nd half subs always seem to cause issues. Not sure why it was Carragher that was subbed either as was showing leadership at the back imo

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Yeh 2nd half subs always seem to cause issues. Not sure why it was Carragher that was subbed either as was showing leadership at the back imo

Carragher was played in the centre of the back three and was definitely the one organising things. He moved to the right when Devine came on with Chilokoa-Mullen the one replaced.

Before the game, Ferguson said neither Devine nor Ujdur had been training fully so both are carrying knocks. It will be interesting to see who we start with once they are fully fit.

For me, the mistake was taking McAllister off as his pace was troubling Partick and he was a good foil for Mckay. Maybe he had picked up a knock.

If we don’t have Anderson on Saturday I’d like to see MacGregor get a start.

32 minutes ago, Robert said:

Carragher was played in the centre of the back three and was definitely the one organising things. He moved to the right when Devine came on with Chilokoa-Mullen the one replaced.

Before the game, Ferguson said neither Devine nor Ujdur had been training fully so both are carrying knocks. It will be interesting to see who we start with once they are fully fit.

For me, the mistake was taking McAllister off as his pace was troubling Partick and he was a good foil for Mckay. Maybe he had picked up a knock.

If we don’t have Anderson on Saturday I’d like to see MacGregor get a start.

Ah my mistake Robert. Tnx 

9 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I was watching Carragher from North stand and he is very vocal at the back. MacAllister showed good touches in midfield too.

image.pngThe club can confirm that we have lost our appeal against the red card we believe was incorrectly given against Max Anderson on Saturday.

Having repeatedly reviewed the footage and clearly seeing that there was no contact with the Partick Thistle player who needed no treatment at all for the reported “studs to the face”, we are disappointed by this Fast Track Panel decision but not surprised. 

The two-game ban we were appealing against will now be served by Max. 

While Max won’t be on the pitch on Saturday, we hope as many Caley Jags as can make it, will be there to support Duncan and the team.

• Sad 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic