FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro - Courier Article

Scotty

Good article in the Courier about Grant Munro - HERE

Talking about the chance of being captain ... "It would be a great honour, I really enjoyed captaining the side in the games against Falkirk and St Mirren last season. However, there are probably a number of contenders to become captain, but if it did come my way then I would be absolutely delighted."

About his ICT future ... "I'm very happy at Caley Thistle, I'm contracted to the club until 2009, but in football you don't know what could be around the next corner. You could get dropped through a loss of form or injured, so things can change very quickly. However, if the opportunity came along to stay at the club even longer then I would be delighted."

:clapping03: :021: :021: :clapping03:

Good article. For me he's been our most impressive player in terms of consistency since we came into the SPL and I think he's been a bit overlooked by the sports media in Scotland. It's good, too, to hear from a player who is clearly ambitious yet seems committed to the club rather than talking about moving on to get recognition. Making him captain would raise his profile and perhaps, if we can start challenging for a top 6 place, he'll start to be talked about the way Russell Anderson has been talked about for a few seasons now. Breaking into the Scotland squad is always going to be difficult, but you never know - Weir and Dailly are coming to the end of their careers. Still lot of competition - Anderson, McManus, Caldwell, possibly Kennedy and Broadfoot now - but he's one of the few players we've got that I think still has international potential (Black and Sutherland being the other possibles).    

I agree - in fact I'd like to see him get more of a run in the Scotland side - but although Aberdeen fans were talking about his potential for a long time, he wasn't really given much recognition outside Aberdeen until he took on the responsibility of the captaincy. Dods has been great for us, but I think he's sometimes been given too much credit for the success of our defence while we've been in the SPL, partly because he has a higher profile as captain and partly because he's more of a known quantity to central belt journalists having been at Hibs and St Johnstone. Grant may be less "imposing", but his tracking back and last-minute interceptions have saved us in an awful lot of games, and I'd argue he's at least as good as Anderson or Stephen McManus with the ball at his feet.