FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Should Bennett Go Too??

reefinweedallday

Interesting thread!

I like Graham Bennett, I feel he's always done his best for the club BUT if he and the Board appoint Brewster then YES it is time for him to go!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to get to inlvoved in this one but my pennies worth is:

ICT have always been and will always be a jobs for the boys type club,

Grassa should have presented himself far more professionally at the press conference annoucing Charlie had left.  An old jumper and jeans?  Can you imagine that in a Rangers or Celtic press conference!

I have always liked Grassa and find him very approachable and chatty, whereas a lot of people in football think they are above talking to 'the great unwashed' - as Jim Traynor would say.

I think he has the clubs best interest at heart and does a great job.

As for his salary, I have heard him say to a friend of mine that he "receives no payment from ICT" - in saying that this may have changed.

If the ?40,000 figure is for directors then I am assuming that Mr Bennett certainly does not recieve all this money himself. If this figure is correct then it is a miniscule amount of money when you consider what directors of other SPL clubs get.

I would say lay off Bennett, he is a local/likable guy who cares for the club immensly and has so far done a great job and deserves credit for his service, he has been an integral part of getting ICT in the SPL, for which we should be grateful.

Keep up the good work Grassa!!  :clapping03:

It's true to say that Graeme Bennett has a low profile background but nevertheless seems t have done a pretty decent job iover the years in attracting both player and managers to the club.

The figure of ?40,000 mentioned for directors emoluments is barely over 1% of turnover so largely insignifigant.

here is a case for bringing in a higher profile director of football on a full time basis but if that person was to carry any real weight and influence they would command a six figure salary which would mean sacrificing two first team players. I'm not sure that's a price worth paying given that Graeme is doing a perfectly good job at present.

If what the press say about NW not even being spoken to then that really puts the club in a bad light and a bit  embarrasing really.  You have an experienced and high profile manager pratically saying "come and get me" yet no one has the decency even to make contact and say "we are aware of your interest in the job which we appreciate, however on this time we have decided to go with.....".

Boy's club again, "i'll see you right mate".

The reasoning that managers given first chance to prove themselves at ICT paid off was a success is not that true. Brewster, obvious what people think. CC, decent guy but pushed into a job he didn't really want or felt comfortable with? What's going to happen this time?

If you buy cheap, you get cheap.

Should Grassa stand down? For me, YES.

Not going to get to inlvoved in this one but my pennies worth is:

ICT have always been and will always be a jobs for the boys type club,

The signing of Robbo and Parkie, and the signing of Brew(originally) were hardly jobs for the boys Roger?