FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brew Interview

Guest CaleyJaggy

Guest CaleyJaggy

Listening to the radio interview, I noticed that Brews shoulder is basically flucked and he needs to have an operation that will keep him out for 3 months.  Interesting that he named himself on the subs bench yesterday if his shoulder is that bad.  He did say that he wouldn't make it any worse if he fell on it.  Could this be the end of his playing career?

I'm not too happy that he thought we played well but then so did the interviewer  :crazy07: what game were they watching.  I've not cringed so much watchong the last 15 mins as I did yesterday.

Guest CaleyJaggy

We were defending far, far too deep.  Letting mirren players pass the ball around right up to the 18 yard box before anyone decided to do anything about it.  Out Headers were woefull.  We weren't winning 2nd balls let alone challenging for the 1st ball.  How they never scored is beyond me, we cannot go into the next 3 games playing like that otherwise a cricket score is going to be wrung up.  We give Hibs or Celtic that kind of space and we're just asking for double figures getting scored against us.

Listening to the radio interview, I noticed that Brews shoulder is basically flucked and he needs to have an operation that will keep him out for 3 months. 

I never heard the interview. Are you saying that the Messiah has admitted he has an injury needing surgery if so then surely this shows how inept the man is at football management. That space on the bench could have been filled by a fit player, by a player who could make an impact on the game. Brewster really needs to admit defeat he did okay with a team which was already built for him in his first spell with us, he was absolute excrement at Dundee Utd with a lot more money to spend and a lot of free reign. Since his return here he has been absolute excrement again. I would suggest that he should go into football journalism but I feel that his stuttering and inability to string 2 words together without eh, but or erm being added might be a bit of a stumbling block. Never mind Brew perhaps County (Nairn because I don't think you are up to Div 2 standards yet) are looking for an unfit mediocre player coach.

He should be given until the end of the season at least. I'm not denying he's not made mistakes, but no manager is perfect and he will learn. Wait until the end of the season, then review him.

Then let him go to a lower division team to learn, I don't like the idea of us being a testing ground for wannabe managers, sure it may have worked in the past but instead of spending a fortune (regardless of where the money comes from) on players who had a couple of good seasons as a kid, the club should invest in a manager/head coach or whatever the trendy term is now who can lead the team to the results we need.

We are in the Spl, its such a tough league. This may be the best it's going to get so we should be savouring the moment. We don't have the resources to be challenging in the top 6.

Perhaps our Board of Directors (I use the term loosely) should use what little resources we do have a little more wisely. As I said before (and thank you for proving my point) Brewster was useless with a squad of theoretically better players and a far superior transfer budget at DUFC so why the **** did he get a job back here? Was it the buy a semi decent but on the verge of retirement striker get a pish manager free attitude?

Just about everyone who posts on this site agrees!
i dont,i think brewstersdoing a good job,ok maybe he,s made mistakes in team selections andtactics,but what manager hasnt,in our 1st few seasons in the spl we have been spoiled by punching above our weight,as long as we finish 2nd bottom every season iam happy with that at leaset were still in the spl,were arent any better than 10th or 11th

FFS it seems to me that a proportion of the fanbase have settled for a "we shouldn't be here lets just put up with what we have got attitude" If that very same attitude was in place when we entered the national league system then we would not be in the SPL in the first place. Where has the passion gone? At the peak in this club's history we as fans managed (twice) to get the SPL rules changed to accommodate us. As fans we should have the ability to pressure our board into pushing the club forwards. The team are under performing, the manager is only in place because he plays golf with the right people. You guys may well settle for second best but there are some of us out here who want the best for the club.

I have to admit that i didn't want Brewster as a manager, not for walking out to go to Dundee Utd but I don't think he has what it takes as a manager and certainly he doesn't appear to have a clue about tactics.

I don't know if he got the job through being someone's golfing buddy but he's here now and he has to be given the chance to prove himself until the end of the season. Changing manger now is pointless but a difficult decision may have to be made come next May.

This was always going to be a difficult season for ICT after two seasons where we established ourselves in the SPL. This was the season that we should have cleared out certain players who were not going to take the club any further and try to replace them with better players. This hasn't happened but will need to happen for next season. Some of the players I am thinking about are Bayne, McCaffreyand Black (who is so overated by some people on this site, one good game every ten, if that is not good enough for me)

We are in the Spl, its such a tough league. This may be the best it's going to get so we should be savouring the moment. We don't have the resources to be challenging in the top 6.

I don't get this attitude. We'll never progress if even our own fans have this 'small team' mentality.

We worked hard to get where we are today, we're there on merit, and apart from the top two, we can compete with the rest. If we're always happy to be finishing 11th, then that's exactly what'll happen, though sooner or later that 11th will become 12th. And we've seen by other relegated teams experience how hard it is to come back from that.

Our ambitions have to stretch beyond 11th, and this 'be grateful for where we are' attitude is pish. Top 6 should always be our aim every season. Someone posted we did well to beat a decent Midden side yesterday. Eh??? At home, against a team who we should be looking to finish above every season. Truth is, we were *****, and if they'd had Dargo playing we'd have lost that match. Then the knives would've really been out.

Our resources? I thought we were in a sound position financially. We're certainly no worse than the teams around us. So that shouldn't hamper our ambitions. The board DID show ambition this season with the signing of Marius(and no, this isn't a debate about him, I'm just making the point), and the continual signing of better players than those we already have isn't an unrealistic proposition.

I was neither here or there when Brewster was re-appointed, but I have to say that what I'm seeing at the moment is depressing. I've seen some of the worst football, and performances, I can remember in a long time just recently(and yes, some of the best EG Falkirk).

Some of his decisions, tactics, substitutions are just baffling. His obvious dislike of any kind of 'flair' player is leading to mind numbingly dull football. I don't think a great deal of Rankin, but the boy obviously has some talent, so it's bewildering to think someone who's supposed to be more knowledgeable than us mere fans, the manager, thinks the likes of Morgan are better players. And Blackie? Our best player in the first half against Motherwell, the only decent player out there, gets hooked at half time, then doesn't even get in yesterdays squad because he disliked the decision!! I reckon Brewster would love a team full of Proctors and McAllisters, then we'd be well and truly fecked.

I'm sure people don't pay good money, and lots of it, to watch the dire stuff we've seen just recently. Football is supposed to be entertaining...Ok, I know I'm not watching Argentina every week, but some degree of watchable football wouldn't go amiss.

Sooner, rather than later, the people who's gate money finances the club will say enough is enough, and find more attractive ways to spend their money.

Brewster is coming across as very arrogant, and egotistical at the moment, and unless he puts a check on that then he's going to find a **** of a lot more fans turn against him.

Guest WynessLegend

Right, so that's Wyness legend, Pele is god, Blackieforce and Charles Bannerman. Hardly 50/50!

Please remember that this site is representative of perhaps 1-2% of the ICT Support.

In other words - the views expressed here are worth very little.

The vast majority of the ICT Support welcome Brewster and appreciate what he is doing for the club.

This is a site where we are hounded for booing a Goalkeeper after he flicks the Vs at his own support but where the majority of this minority love to slate our very promising Manager for no reason at all.

I applaud Pele is God, Blackieforce and Charles.

as for the rest of you ...............

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :blah01:

As previously stated, I was talking about posters on this site, but EVERY single supporter I speak to who doesn't post on this site thinks Brewster's sh1te. People who haven't posted in ages have come back to post that Brewsters sh1te.

You might think your views count for very little (and I would be tempted to agree with you there) but most of us think that Brewsters sh1te.

Despite this though, I would never boo him, I would never boo any of our own team, hardly an action of a supporter is it? No wonder Mikey flicked the vs at you, apparently after he was booed, slightly different from your version of events, but then you seem quite willing to rewrite history - Brewster a very promising manager? FFS get real!