FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

In "Post Reply" , the message hangs around in the box.

Scarlet Pimple

Why does the message you type in the "Post Reply" to a thread box still hang around in that box after you click-on  "post"?

I have noticed that the reply does leave quickly nowadays but when you click the back button to get back to the original thread etc the "post Reply" box pops up again and shows the post as still there as if it is still wiating for you to send it ...hmmmm?

I'm sure the technical experts will tell you soon, but the page is probably set to return to previous saved page/cache rather than refresh which takes longer and you lose the post if you returned inadvertently, I prefer it this way.  However, tech dudes will give you the real answer.

after you reply it should take you straight back to the thread/forum ......

the process is type reply > click post > box will be shaded out as the reply is added to the database > page will refresh back to the thread/forum (depending on the settings in your profile)

there can be a delay if we have a lot of users on the site as you are writing something to the database each time you post and may end up in a queue if others are accessing that particular database table by viewing or posting in the same thread but normally its only a fraction of a second for me ..... the delay is a limitation of several factors - the software itself (minor limitation) and our hosting service (responsible for most delays) .....

-- edit : timed this post when I submitted it ... 1.4 seconds !

Eh?

:clapping03:

:004:

Actuellement, I find the best way is to logout, close down the site , re-start the computer and ,hey presto, it's all gone and back to normal.

The alternative is to slump inra chair, eyes slowly closing and wait for  events to unfold.

And MFTHJ-- see,  I knew that and Scotty clearly knows more than you and me combined.... :016: